Cycling ’74 Ships Mode For Windows
POPULAR PLUG-IN PACKAGE NOW AVAILABLE FOR WINDOWS USERS
San Francisco, CA USA • March 29, 2005 – Cycling ’74, a software company based in San Francisco, today announced the release of Mode for Windows. This popular package of native audio processing plug-ins is now available on Windows XP for host applications supporting the VST and RTAS formats. The package features three instruments and two effects units that integrate functions and performance controls typically found in rack-mount and workstation hardware. An additional 18 plug-in “submodules” extend the package with creative effects, parameter modulators and CPU-saving mini-instruments.
The MODE collection’s featured plug-ins include:
- BANG: A single-voice percussion module that combines sample playback, FM synthesis, and analog modeling drum synthesis for sounds ranging from simple emulation to outrageous percussive hybrids.
- MONO: A monophonic synthesizer that combines the ease of use and warm filter effects of an analog synthesizer with the control and clarity of an FM engine, for an instrument that is equally at home in the studio or on stage.
- POLY: A versatile polyphonic synthesizer loosely based on classic DCO synths. POLY uses waveforms sampled from some of the most popular vintage digital and analog instruments and features a unique polyphonic arpeggiator.
- SPIN: A rhythm-based effects processor that features a state-variable filter, panning effects, rhythmic gating, delay, distortion and bit-reduction for sounds that range from subtle modification to extreme abuse.
- WASH: A unique new effects processor built around an interconnected network of 6 fully controllable recirculating delay lines. More than a mere effect, WASH is an instrument in its own right–capable of anything from simple multi-tap delay textures to hour-long walls of morphing feedback.
The additional 18 “submodule” plug-ins take the effects, performance controls and instrument sections of the five featured devices and provide them as stand-alone plug-ins. This allows for mix-and-match sound creation, modulation, filtering and effects similar to modular synthesis environments. Price and Availability: MODE is now available for a MSRP of $99 at Cycling ’74 dealers worldwide and online directly from Cycling ’74 (www.cycling74.com).
About Cycling ’74
Cycling ’74 creates and distributes Mac OS and Windows software for audio, video, and multimedia innovators. Products include the Max/MSP/Jitter graphical programming environment, the Pluggo collections of Max/MSP-based audio plug-ins, the Radial loop-based composition and performance system, and the interactive algorithmic composition program M. Cycling ’74 also releases creative musical and multimedia works through their c74 recording label and audio source libraries for musicians, sound designers and media producers through its Cycles series. http://www.cycling74.com
Graphics available online at http://www.cycling74.com/pressimages.
Cycling ’74, 379A Clementina Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, 415-974-1818, firstname.lastname@example.org