Max 6 Sneak Peek: Jitter OpenGL

Jitter developer, Rob Ramirez, provides a sneak peek into the exciting, new Jitter features in Max 6.

Sneak Peek videos:

• Max: Tour and usability features.
  • MSP: Audio quality improvements.

Max 6 Sneak Peek: Jitter OpenGL

Oct 12, 2011 at 1:07pm

That looks amazing. The physics engine is going to simplfy my next project so much. Let’s hope it actually comes out sometime soon. Well done Cycling.

Oct 12, 2011 at 1:34pm

rob you are my hero.

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:04pm

This is all very cool, I am wondering if the render quality is better in max 6 than max 5? Meaning are there going to be less jagged lines? is it easier to render using fsaa $1 (antialiasing)? For realtime this all sounds perfect, but what if I want to export a movie or a big image is the workflow and quality going to be the same than max 5? I know there are ways of getting decent quality renderings out of jitter using nonrealtime render worflow, but again my main question is to know if there are any improvements to the overall quality?

thanks

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:32pm

so much will be so much easier. I’d put my current project on hold if I new we were getting this in the next month, or a beta?

Oct 13, 2011 at 1:21am

The ability to color dwarfs is really a breakthrough. Better video quality would be a plus though…

Oct 13, 2011 at 8:06am

Any work on the jit.grab / jit.dx objects in jitter? It would be nice to see cross platform compatibility and identical features. Thanks

Oct 13, 2011 at 2:19pm

Hi Greg, in Max 6 there is a cross-platform jit.grab object that is a drop in replacement for jit.dx/qt.grab.

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:08pm

Truly amazing. I love how things like the GL lighting has been simplified. And the physics engine will open up a TON of new possibilities.

The new dropdowns, with additional interface objects (like a checkbox) to the right, are these just new examples of umenu? They look so handy too. I also love the “alignment guidelines” which flash when things are aligned horizontally or vertically.

Bravo…is really all I can say. Can’t wait to get my hands on this!

Oct 14, 2011 at 8:38am

Hi Andrew, that is really exciting, thanks for the quick reply. I am always struggling with using webcams in different pieces I do, and making them work well on both mac/pc. Do you know when more documentation will be released on all of the features of 6? Thanks.

Oct 31, 2011 at 10:44am

after a long time, i am going to have to talk to jit.gl.sketch and explain that i won’t be able to spend much time with it anymore… endless memories of endless commands, that is all is left now… thanks for the physics engine!

Dec 25, 2011 at 4:27pm

Are the patches from the video in the Max6 examples folder somewhere? The closest I found was model.anim.loop.