I’m pretty sure this is the source here (just found it today):
I’ve been looking into the same thing. The new update of mrmr will work with the oscbonjour object but not as tightly as the MrmrServer software. I believe this is because oscbonjour registers and reads services of type _osc._udp. However, the Mrmr client is looking for services of type _mrmrsrvr._udp. Info can be found here:
So what we need is a revamped oscbonjour object that is actually a mrmrsrvrbonjour object. I’ve just started working on this problem myself.
In the meantime, I’ve got a working patch that establishes two-way communication between a single Mrmr client (ver 1.12) and Max. I’ll attach it to this post.
C74 RSS Feed | © Copyright Cycling '74