Ok, this version connects directly to the jit.fill object, which seems to slow things down even more. I took your advice and preprocessed the text file to remove the + characters. From my testing, the use of regex and zl.filter objects don’t affect the slowdown much. I also removed the send and receive objects, but that doesn’t affect the slowdown at all.
Not sure if any of the modules are retaining memory of passed data – but I still don’t know why that would makes this process so slow.
– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Copy all of the following text.Then, in Max, select New From Clipboard.
Feb 16, 2013 at 11:25pm #239508