Re: patch reads and prints all white pixels as list, but only 256 maximum, how come?

Forums > MaxMSP > patch reads and prints all white pixels as list, but only 256 maximum, how come?

Ali
July 30, 2011 | 11:28 pm

I can draw in any pattern into the jit.pwindow and click BANG to create a message of every live cell

so…

if I create a big list as a message then add it to the coll it appears in the coll as the entire full message. but if I load the preset pattern in the top right that is the pattern the ENTIRE message is a list of, , , then why do I still get only the first 128 cells (thus 256 live co-ordinates) only

The ’4096′ is put in for all zl objects (including the sub-patches and makes no differnece.

I still get a huge message of over 256 entries but when I load the pattern i get just 256 that appear in the window. Is there another argument I can specify for something that is responsible for storing or drawing the cells when the preset pattern is chosen.

My head says it tin the [p celldraw] but I can;t figure out where (if this is even the problem. Or perhaps the drop down menu has an argument somehwere to tell it to remeber more than 256 elements…. its driving me nuts so any help is truly welcome

regards, Ali