Forums > Jitter

2 in 4 out hardware question

August 22, 2006 | 9:43 am

hi

(sorry if this has been asked a million times, i found some threads on the topic but nothing conclusive)

i need to capture 2 video (PAL) sources, process them with jitter and output them to 4 projectors. is this feasible and if so, what’s the hardware needed?

i guess that i’d need a video card to handle the input. what about the output, put in more graphic cards or go for a capture card that has outputs as well?

hardware would be a 2x2ghz G5, pci express. i will need to rent it, so if anyone had recommendations about where to rent stuff like that in berlin that would be highly appreciated.

cheers
sascha

August 22, 2006 | 7:45 pm

Hi Sascha,
as you intend to capture two video streams you will need two video
digitizers. in some cases it is advisable not to use the same digitizer
twice. i.e. dv through firewire allows only one device.

I think there is a tv card for the G5 that you will find at Gravis in
Berlin. you might also have a look at the dfg 1394 box
(http://www.1394imaging.com/en/products/converters/dfg13941e/overview/)
that works fine with macs, as long as you get the special driver. (there
is a link on the website)

multiple graphic cards for multiple outputs are handled very fine.

Good luck. John.

Sascha Pohflepp schrieb:
> hi
>
> (sorry if this has been asked a million times, i found some threads on the topic but nothing conclusive)
>
> i need to capture 2 video (PAL) sources, process them with jitter and output them to 4 projectors. is this feasible and if so, what’s the hardware needed?
>
> i guess that i’d need a video card to handle the input. what about the output, put in more graphic cards or go for a capture card that has outputs as well?
>
> hardware would be a 2x2ghz G5, pci express. i will need to rent it, so if anyone had recommendations about where to rent stuff like that in berlin that would be highly appreciated.
>
>
> cheers
> sascha
>
>

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)