Forums > Jitter

2 mp4 videos and a live video feed – 1 video strobing

September 18, 2013 | 10:40 am

Hi there,
I’m taking a live feed from a webcam and alphablending it with a mp4 video file (#1). What I want is for another mp4 video file (#2) to play automatically when there is no live feed (faceoff), and hence no video #1. However when video #2 is triggered to play (regardless of what video i read) it appears to strobe – and plays at 10-15 fps. I’ve copied this section on the patch below. I feel like it’s a silly mistake but am not expert enough in Max to solve it myself so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Ji

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

September 18, 2013 | 11:08 am

unlike audio signals, you can’t plug two outputting jitter matrices into the same input.
turn your gate into a two input switch to toggle between the live feed and the movie.

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

September 18, 2013 | 11:43 am

Thanks Rob!.. but am I meant to do something else as I’m getting the same strobing effect on using your code?

September 19, 2013 | 9:48 am

just to clarify, I’m getting a slightly higher fps reading now on video #2 but the strobing us still there. It’s part of an outdoor projection tomorrow night and I don’t want to set off anyone with epilepsy. Many Thanks. Ji

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)