Forums > MaxMSP

$300 for a max patch…please help

April 16, 2007 | 3:21 pm

Hi guys,

im here to ask for your help. Im currently doing a degree in audio engineering and need to submit a MAX/MSP patch as one of my final assignments. Unfortunately my moms been in a really bad way recently id ive been looking after her for the past couple of months and as a result have no idea what im doing with max/msp. I really love my course and am desperate that i dont fail but my university wont give me any extra time…because its my moms problems not mine!

Anyway i was hoping someone could sell me a patch in secret so that i can pass my course. I know its not ideal but i feel ive got no choice. I can be anything but it needs to have notes in it so that i can understand it and explain what ive done to my lecturer.

Thanks guys

April 16, 2007 | 5:02 pm

Well, considering that your professor probably reads this forum, you’re screwed already. I’m sorry you’ve had a hard time recently, but blatantly trying to cheat on a forum that is full of people in academia is a bad idea.

However, if you think things over and try to do it yourself, I’m sure people here will be more than willing to help.

Just a tip- Max/MSP is not C++ or Java. While the learning curve is steep in comparison to Garage Band, its not as hard as a "real" programming language. There are a ton of tutorials that came with the program. If you sit down, brace yourself and really go at them, you can probably pick up what you need to know to do the assignment.

Also, failing a course because you had to take care of your mother is a lot better than passing a course because you cheated.

_j
April 16, 2007 | 5:49 pm

Quote: Nick Inhofe wrote on Mon, 16 April 2007 10:02
—————————————————-
While the learning curve is steep in comparison to Garage Band, its not as hard as a "real" programming language.
—————————————————-

Light the pyres!! blasphemy!! BLASPHEMY!!!!!

April 16, 2007 | 5:53 pm

If you dont wanna help..thats fine…..i HATE cheats too. But in reality i have no choice. My mom needs me and i need my college degree to get a good job. Please dont make me feel worse than i already do.

_j
April 16, 2007 | 6:11 pm

Jon Jon, relax, you’re not clairvoyant and can’t see all ends. things will work out for you.

_j
April 16, 2007 | 6:13 pm

Jon Jon, let me know what you want done. I’d be happy to do it, if it’s not too big.

April 16, 2007 | 6:22 pm

I’m pretty shure that if you have a good idea and do the tutorials
(can be done quit fast, if you hav some knowledge of computers) you
already come a long way.
I’m also sure that when you explain your idea on this list that most
of us would be more then willing to point you to the right objects to
complete the project, all of those will have helpfiles to explain
what you’re looking at.

a simple granular synthesispatch controlled by for example a wii
remote is not that big of a deal.
I know it’s noot the out of the box solution but what job would you
hold when claiming to have some skills when you actually don’t have
them?

just formulate an idea and I’m sure you can finish the project in a
reasonable period.

best

pieter

On 16 Apr 2007, at 19:53, Jon Jon wrote:

>
> If you dont wanna help..thats fine…..i HATE cheats too. But in
> reality i have no choice. My mom needs me and i need my college
> degree to get a good job. Please dont make me feel worse than i
> already do.
>

April 16, 2007 | 7:07 pm

April 16, 2007 | 7:49 pm

couldn

_j
April 16, 2007 | 7:53 pm

haha, Roman…, if you’re trying to make a point towards pro anti-morality, consider me on-board.

April 17, 2007 | 8:58 am

Why don’t you try talking to your lecturers..their not monsters and they can be pretty understanding. They might be able to help you out giving you a deadline, extenuating circumstances or something. Better than cheating, getting caught and been failed on all modules for cheating.

My 2cents anyway.

April 17, 2007 | 9:37 am

what a world is this where you can only "get a good job" when
you have an academic title.

and where you have to choose between your mom and your career.

i wouldnt make him a patch for 30,000 – and that is not
because i would disrespect _him.

April 17, 2007 | 12:24 pm

Wouldn’t it be logical to spend the $300 to let someone else help your mom during the evenings that you do the maxing?

Mattijs

Quote: Jon Jon wrote on Mon, 16 April 2007 17:21
—————————————————-
> Hi guys,
>
> im here to ask for your help. Im currently doing a degree in audio engineering and need to submit a MAX/MSP patch as one of my final assignments. Unfortunately my moms been in a really bad way recently id ive been looking after her for the past couple of months and as a result have no idea what im doing with max/msp. I really love my course and am desperate that i dont fail but my university wont give me any extra time…because its my moms problems not mine!
>
> Anyway i was hoping someone could sell me a patch in secret so that i can pass my course. I know its not ideal but i feel ive got no choice. I can be anything but it needs to have notes in it so that i can understand it and explain what ive done to my lecturer.
>
> Thanks guys
—————————————————-

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)