Forums > MaxMSP

3D – Importing 3D environments into MAXMSP

September 21, 2008 | 9:55 am

I’m relatively new to this software but am hoping to use it as part of my final year project.

I’m looking to create a 3D environment and use face tracking to look around it.

I’d like to make the environment as detailed as possible and as I can already use 3D Studio Max and Softimage XSI I was hoping that there’s some kind of way to export a complete environment incl lights and shadows etc out of a 3D software and into MAXMSP??

I already know a tiny bit about creating 3D objects in MAXMSP ie. the sphere, cube etc but I guess I’m really asking how far MAXMSP can go with this whole area im looking into.

Any help or advice would be reatly appreciated!

Seany

September 21, 2008 | 11:21 am

. there are ways, including jit.ogre, jit.gl.mesh and jit.gl.model.
look at the jitter docs and searchask in the jitter list
On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Seany

wrote:
>
> I’m relatively new to this software but am hoping to use it as part of my final year project.
>
> I’m looking to create a 3D environment and use face tracking to look around it.
>
> I’d like to make the environment as detailed as possible and as I can already use 3D Studio Max and Softimage XSI I was hoping that there’s some kind of way to export a complete environment incl lights and shadows etc out of a 3D software and into MAXMSP??
>
> I already know a tiny bit about creating 3D objects in MAXMSP ie. the sphere, cube etc but I guess I’m really asking how far MAXMSP can go with this whole area im looking into.
>
> Any help or advice would be reatly appreciated!
>
> Seany
>

September 21, 2008 | 1:15 pm

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I assume from your reply that 3D is a jitter element so I will post in there. Thanks again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)