Forums > Jitter

44jFlashInteractivity.pat just doesn't work

September 25, 2007 | 9:32 pm

hello

list, why using max 4.6.3, jitter 1.6 mac os x

44jFlashInteractivity.pat just doesn’t work using the swf files that some with the documentation.

i think that this it is a common problem though i can’t remember what it was

thanks


September 25, 2007 | 9:37 pm

On 25 sept. 07, at 23:32, autogusto wrote:

> hello
>
> list, why using max 4.6.3, jitter 1.6 mac os x
>
> 44jFlashInteractivity.pat just doesn’t work using the swf files
> that some with the documentation.
>
> i think that this it is a common problem though i can’t remember
> what it was

Hi,

With the recent quicktime version, Flash is disable by default. You
might have to enable it manually in the System Preferences->QuickTime-
>Advanced.

ej


December 22, 2007 | 5:33 pm

Actually with QT on a Mac, Flash no longer works at all! It’s completely gone and replaced with SMIL or Apple’s Sprites.

Using QT for Flash at any point in time has always been limited and out of date. It doesn’t surprise me that they dropped it.

Still this sucks a lot for us MaxMSP users that need rich interfaces. I wish MaxMSP had better front end UI support, but that’s an awful lot to ask.

So…I hope the new browser within MaxMSP supports the Flash plugin, because that would fix all this.


December 22, 2007 | 5:45 pm

It does, but not to the same extent as jit.qt.movie did (e.g. variable
getting/setting). There are no plans for V5.0 to add this in, and I
can’t say about later, but in terms of viewing/interacting with a
Flash animation from within a Max interface, it should be fine.

jb

Am 22.12.2007 um 18:33 schrieb Adam Glazier:

> So…I hope the new browser within MaxMSP supports the Flash plugin,
> because that would fix all this.


December 22, 2007 | 5:59 pm

Quote: Jeremy Bernstein wrote on Sat, 22 December 2007 10:45
—————————————————-
> It does, but not to the same extent as jit.qt.movie did (e.g. variable
> getting/setting). There are no plans for V5.0 to add this in, and I
> can’t say about later, but in terms of viewing/interacting with a
> Flash animation from within a Max interface, it should be fine.
>
> jb
>
> Am 22.12.2007 um 18:33 schrieb Adam Glazier:
>
> > So…I hope the new browser within MaxMSP supports the Flash plugin,
> > because that would fix all this.
>
>
—————————————————-

So are you saying that the Flash plugin will be supported by a special object or the browser? Because currently QT no longer will even play an swf of any kind.

That aside, since there will no longer be direct support for getting/setting, do you know anything about the possibility of communication using an XML socket from Flash to MaxMSPs xml socket?


December 22, 2007 | 6:06 pm

By the browser, which supports compatible plugins on each platform. At
this time, there is no messaging interface for communication from the
patch to the plugin, which is what I was trying to say with the
previous.

For socket communication, check out Olaf Matthes ‘flashserver’ object: http://www.nullmedium.de/dev/flashserver/

jb

Am 22.12.2007 um 18:59 schrieb Adam Glazier:

>
> Quote: Jeremy Bernstein wrote on Sat, 22 December 2007 10:45
> —————————————————-
>> It does, but not to the same extent as jit.qt.movie did (e.g.
>> variable
>> getting/setting). There are no plans for V5.0 to add this in, and I
>> can’t say about later, but in terms of viewing/interacting with a
>> Flash animation from within a Max interface, it should be fine.
>>
>> jb
>>
>> Am 22.12.2007 um 18:33 schrieb Adam Glazier:
>>
>>> So…I hope the new browser within MaxMSP supports the Flash plugin,
>>> because that would fix all this.
>>
>>
> —————————————————-
>
> So are you saying that the Flash plugin will be supported by a
> special object or the browser? Because currently QT no longer will
> even play an swf of any kind.
>
> That aside, since there will no longer be direct support for getting/
> setting, do you know anything about the possibility of communication
> using an XML socket from Flash to MaxMSPs xml socket?


December 22, 2007 | 6:20 pm

Quote: Jeremy Bernstein wrote on Sat, 22 December 2007 11:06
—————————————————-
> For socket communication, check out Olaf Matthes ‘flashserver’ object: http://www.nullmedium.de/dev/flashserver/
—————————————————-

As far as I know, the flashserver and Flosc are for communicating to Flash files outside the MaxMSP environment.

I hope there will be internal socket support with the browser in the future, because I am trying to make all my applications just one file so there portable.

Thanks for all the info, it helps clear things up :)


Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)