A collection of devices

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:02pm

A collection of devices

Hello and happy new year!
I put a few of my Max For Live devices online, and I plan to add more in the future. They are here:

http://www.monolake.de/technology/m4l.html

currently there are a step sequencer, a rotating doppler simulation, a granular freezer, …

Have fun!

Robert

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:46pm

for those too poor/stubborn to purchase Live 8 + M4L quite yet, would it be possible to post the original max patches of these M4L adaptations? i’m particularly interested in the px-18 and granular freezer.

love your mind and music btw.

much thanks.

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:15pm

“Depending on my time and the feedback I get I consider uploading more devices, including some tricky Live.API stuff. However, this might not happen very soon.”
Yes please!

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:46pm

@ComfortableInClouds: it would be a lot of additional work because I would need to replace all live specific controls by others, I would need to use a different initialization method etc… But I will see what I can do…

The upload of the Grainfreezer missed a file. This has been fixed ten minutes ago…

Cheers, Robert

Jan 5, 2010 at 5:06pm

thanks robert :)

Jan 5, 2010 at 5:14pm

Many thanks Robert!

“I would need to use a different initialization method etc… ”

Exactly! What are the correct strategies for initialization in the MaxForLive device world?
My M4L devices are still failing to initialize correctly…
just a paragraph/hint/simple statement/example… please? Someone?

Thanks,
cfb aka j2k

Jan 5, 2010 at 6:13pm

thank you :)

Jan 5, 2010 at 6:31pm

These look great! Another +1 for more devices!

Jan 5, 2010 at 7:25pm

Thanx

/Robert

Jan 5, 2010 at 7:30pm

i dont have m4l, but would somebody care to explain the gist behind this doppler rotator? sounds interesting!

Jan 9, 2010 at 11:47am

Hello,
i spent a huge amount of time improving the GrainFreeze device. It is now nearly click free, and uses a much more advanced buffer switching technique. I documented it as good as possible inside the patch, there is a lot to see there….

as usual, all is still here: http://www.monolake.de/technology/m4l.html

Cheers, Robert

btw.: unfortunately the new version will break old Live sets since i had to change parameter ranges etc… If you already used the old version, you should rename the new one to GrainFreeze2 or something like this and keep the old version.

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:32pm

Hi Raja, I am totally fine with non live users having a look at my patches! As far as hosting my patches is concerned, I decided to have them all on my website, this is easiest for me to maintain and update. I might at some point mirror that page so that the devices also show up at maxforlive.com or what ever….we will see.

Cheers, Robert

Jan 18, 2010 at 8:43pm

hello. I added a new device called ‘ml.exhibition_master’. It allows to fade in/out audio signals at a given time of day. It also allows to start/ stop transport. It supports multiple tracks with a dedicated ‘ml.exhibition_slave’ device. I wrote it for an upcoming installation and since many of you do installation works too I thought it is good to share it.

Cheers, Robert

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.