Forums > Max For Live

A Few of ??s about Clip Modulation

January 21, 2010 | 9:26 pm

Hi all-

1) I notice that Max objects like [flonum] and [slider] will display calculated "track + clip" modulation readings, but the equivalent [live.slider] and [live.numbox] display the track modulation contribution only, or are frozen. Anyone else experiencing this?

2) Is there an equivalent way of using the Max [dropfile] object like [live.drop] for storing the filename of a [pattrstorage] JSON file? For my use, the [live.drop] object wants way too much UI space for it’s little greeting, and off-axis filename display.

3) Can anyone decipher this for me? "In absolute mode, the current value is either the upper or lower bound of the modulation range. If the current value is less than half of the full parameter range, the modulation assumes a lower range of the current value minus the modulation range. If the current value is greater than half of the full parameter range, the modulation assumes the upper range is current value and the lower range is equal to the current value minus the modulation range value." From what I can tell, with everything set to 0-127 ranges, Absolute modulation produces: track mod amount + clip mod amount, clipped above max modulation.

Thanks, Charles

January 23, 2010 | 2:24 pm

Well, here’s a provisional self-answer to 2. You can always bind a [pattr] object to a [textedit] object and store a pathname there. I’m still very shaky on the ins ‘n’ outs of [pattrstrorage], but it appears to recall my "dropped" file when the M4L patch is recalled as part of a clip:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)