Forums > MaxMSP

a mysterious warning

August 12, 2008 | 6:46 pm

In a very complicated patch, whihc features a lot of pattr acrobatics
(if that helps), I’ve been getting this warning on load:

object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj

Anyone have a clue what that could be about? it’s not attached to any
particular object, at least not that I can click on.

v5.0.4, MBP, os 10.5.4

thanks,

M


October 14, 2008 | 10:13 pm

Hello,

did you find out the reason of that warning? I have something similar here:
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce save in newobj

Best,

Ernst



stl
August 22, 2009 | 11:22 pm

….same here. It happens if i load a patch via pcontrol. There is no error message if i load the referenced patch without pcontrol. Using some pattrs too…. Any news about this problem???

best
stefan

Max 5.0.7, OS 10.5.5, MBP (2007)


August 23, 2009 | 8:55 am

If you could provide a patch, with steps to reproduce, that would help us to investigate. Thanks.



stl
August 24, 2009 | 9:50 am

..i tried to isolate the problem by deleting some of the subpatches (containing pattrs, pattrmarkers and an active osc connection to bidule) in the main patch. After that the error message disappeared but after inserting these parts again and restarting the main patch there still was no error message anymore. So for now everything is fine again…

best
stefan


May 13, 2010 | 4:58 pm

I have the same problem while trying to autorestore presets in subpatches. I get the error three times in a row when instantiating a fairly complex subpatch containing 1 [pattrstorage @savemode 0 @autorestore 1], 1 [autopattr @autoname 1 @autorestore 0] and a few bpatchers containing subpatches with their own autopattr @autoname 1′s. My current theory is that the problem lies with [autopattr @autoname 1]. When I remove the (@autoname 1) from the main autopattr in my subpatch, the problem seems to go away.

However, overall I’ve had unpredictable results with my real patch and with my test patch. I’m not able to get the error to come back with the test patch at present, but try changing parameters of pattrstorate and autopattr.

One thing I’ve noticed is that deleting and recreating the preset file seems to have an effect on things, leading me to believe that the error is related to trying to autorestore the value of objects that can’t be changed or don’t exist.

For now my main patch is functioning error free with no autonaming…

Attachments:
  1. attrErrorTest.zip

May 13, 2010 | 5:05 pm

Yeah, to illustrate:

1. Patch[Subpatch[[pattrstorage @savemode 0 @autorestore 1]+[autopattr @autorestore 0]]]

No Errors. Edit Subpatch to…

2. 1. Patch[Subpatch[[pattrstorage @savemode 0 @autorestore 1]+[autopattr @autoname 1 @autorestore 0]]]

Error prints 3 times. Edit Subpatch back to…

3. 1. Patch[Subpatch[[pattrstorage @savemode 0 @autorestore 1]+[autopattr @autorestore 0]]]

Error still prints 3 times. Delete preset files. Open original Subpatch, delete and re-add autopattr.

Errors go away.

Hm…


Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)