Forums > MaxMSP

A question on "coll" object

llc
August 3, 2009 | 7:09 am

Hi all, this maybe a very simple question. So I used the coll object, and in the txt file I have something like "1, video1.mp4;", and I have connected it with the "prepend read" which connected with the jit.qt.movie object. It used to work very well that when I input 1 and the video1 movie would begin to play. However it didn’t work this time. I connected a message out of the coll object and found instead of the "video1.mp4" message it was "symbol video1.mp4", I tried to change the movie name to "symbol video1.mp4", it still didn’t work; I tried to use select object to get rid of the "symbol", but it was still "read symbol video1.mp4" out of the "prepend read" object. Does anyone know why I get this symbol thing? It’s really annoying and I don’t know how to deal with it. Thank you so much! That will save my life…

August 3, 2009 | 9:30 am

I think every one of us encountered this at some point. When your entry in a coll only contains one element (so internally it’s not a list but a symbol), coll will prepend ‘symbol’ to it. Simply get rid of it:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

llc
August 3, 2009 | 2:44 pm

Thank you, the route works! However I do have a list in the txt file. And it worked last time without the "symbol".

The route solves the problem though. Thank you very much!

Bas van der Graaff wrote on Mon, 03 August 2009 03:30I think every one of us encountered this at some point. When your entry in a coll only contains one element (so internally it’s not a list but a symbol), coll will prepend ‘symbol’ to it. Simply get rid of it:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

llc
August 3, 2009 | 2:45 pm

August 3, 2009 | 5:06 pm

[text] != [coll]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)