a quick couple of questions!!!

Apr 29, 2007 at 3:12pm

a quick couple of questions!!!

hi….im fairly new to this game (about 4 days!!!) and am in the process of using Jitter to create visuals to sync with a reaktor ensemble that i built to use for live sets. I have constructed a basic patch…. and synced reaktor/max using midi yoke but the prblems i have are…..

1. im unsure of how to save videos into max msp at the moment?? im using the read message to load the movies everytime i open up the patch but have 8 movie player so its a bit of a waste of time setting all the read locations before i can start tweaking!

2. is there a message i can send to the jit.qt.mov object to make it full screen ( at the moment it is set to 320×240 as this means i can see the patch and the video at the same time) but it would be cool to have a button that just makes the movie full screen

thanks very much for any help you can give me….so for the basic questions but you got 2 start somewhere!

cheers

ed

Apr 29, 2007 at 3:54pm

put ‘read nameofmovie.mov’ in a message box (make sure the movie is in
the search parth) connected to jit.qt.movie, loadbang that message
box.

For all of question 2, check out jit.window help file.

Thanks,
Keith

On 4/29/07, allied wrote:
>
> hi….im fairly new to this game (about 4 days!!!) and am in the process of using Jitter to create visuals to sync with a reaktor ensemble that i built to use for live sets. I have constructed a basic patch…. and synced reaktor/max using midi yoke but the prblems i have are…..
>
> 1. im unsure of how to save videos into max msp at the moment?? im using the read message to load the movies everytime i open up the patch but have 8 movie player so its a bit of a waste of time setting all the read locations before i can start tweaking!
>
> 2. is there a message i can send to the jit.qt.mov object to make it full screen ( at the moment it is set to 320×240 as this means i can see the patch and the video at the same time) but it would be cool to have a button that just makes the movie full screen
>
> thanks very much for any help you can give me….so for the basic questions but you got 2 start somewhere!
>
> cheers
>
> ed
>

Apr 29, 2007 at 5:03pm

keith……thanks very much for your help mate. it really is appreciated as the learning curve on max/jitter is really steep! how do i make sure that the movie is in the search path? and does it have to a .mov? as the movie i am using at the moment is .avi and it seems to read fine when i physically load it, but the auto load is not working??

ed

Apr 29, 2007 at 5:53pm

You should get in the habit of converting you movie files to photojpeg
codec @ 75% quality as it seems to be the best codec in terms of
decompression and playback performance. If you look in the
Options>FilePrefences menu, you can set your search path. Also, any
file in the same folder as your patch will automatically be in your
search path.

wes

On 4/29/07, allied wrote:
>
> keith……thanks very much for your help mate. it really is appreciated as the learning curve on max/jitter is really steep! how do i make sure that the movie is in the search path? and does it have to a .mov? as the movie i am using at the moment is .avi and it seems to read fine when i physically load it, but the auto load is not working??
>
> ed
>
>

Apr 29, 2007 at 5:55pm

cheers wes! problem sorted!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.