Forums > Gen

A tool for diffing Max patches for collaboration / version control

November 16, 2012 | 10:41 pm

Hi! My name is Ned, and I just launched a product called DiffPlug. It is a tool for comparing two different versions of a file, and merging them back into one. It also makes working with SVN, Git, etc. a lot easier.

It currently works with text files, image files, and Simulink files. Simulink is a block-diagram language somewhat similar to Max. I think it would be very doable to take my Simulink differ and make it into a Max differ.

I am posting here for two reasons:
1) Is anybody interested in using such a tool?
2) Is anybody interested in working with me on such a tool?

I used Max a lot for a school project a few years ago, but I’m not a power user. It would also be really helpful to have access to somebody’s SVN history of their patches to test the differ with. I live in San Francisco, so if you’re in the area I’d be happy to meet/work in person.

I’ll pay close attention to this thread, but you can also contact me at ned.twigg@diffplug.com

November 16, 2012 | 10:56 pm

Hey
Depending on how it does work, such a tool could be very useful for max patches, but for now i get a white page-style error trying to read the ‘getting started’ video, from both the index page and the documentation page. It shows a white page with those words :

"Not found

GET /GettingStarted_0.5.0"

November 16, 2012 | 11:01 pm

Sorry, it’s a (recently) known issue with Firefox 18 on Mac and with Flash Block. The videos will be migrating to YouTube soon, which will hopefully fix the issues some people have been having.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)