Forums > MaxMSP

Ableton live 8.0.8 makes me crazy. please help!!

December 2, 2009 | 11:56 pm

hi im alex. im trying to create an interface with max msp 5.0. i would like to create 8 vslider (3 knobs per vslider to control the hi mid low frecuencies) and a 8×8 square buttons to trigger the clips.

my problems is how to trigger the ableton clips. because i use a button and the ctlout object and ableton dont stop to receiving midi messages. where is the problem. how i can trigger clips via midi from max msp to ableton???

December 3, 2009 | 12:02 am

??? Ableton absolutely receives MIDI messages. It’s very easy to map any incoming MIDI to most parameters. Are you missing that or am I confused as to what you mean?

December 3, 2009 | 12:26 am

i want to do a matrix 8×8 with bottons in max msp but if i use ctlout to route the midi. ableton dont stop to receive midi and the clip start when the first bar finish. i want trigger the clips without repeat. but i dont know how. how is the method that everybody use to trigger clips with max msp??? if any can do a patch to explain please… thanxxxx

FP
December 3, 2009 | 10:59 am

Hi, post a patch. maybe just a [change] object is the trick.

December 3, 2009 | 12:45 pm

this is the patch i was trying to use to trigger clips with ableton using midi yoke for that. i think im wrong but if any can help doing a patch to trigger clips i would be happy!!

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/19598297/to_trigger_clips_dont_work.maxpat

December 3, 2009 | 8:43 pm

I dont know if the question is so easy to do (cause im stupid) or very difficult. please help :_(

Im very young to understand this program i thing

December 4, 2009 | 11:28 am

i have done this

button vslider vslider
I I I
__makenote___
/ midi chanel
I / /
___note out____

but doesnt work. :_(

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)