About stack overflow, does a command R object or message exist ?

Apr 28, 2010 at 7:05pm

About stack overflow, does a command R object or message exist ?

Often, but not all the time, i have a stack overflow in my patch. It happens only when my arduino is plugged in my computer.

Because i search a lot before and it not happen all the time, is it possible to include a resume action in my patch ?

Jérôme

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:07pm

Does it help when you turn overdrive off? You might want to experiment a bit with deferlow, maybe that brings relief.

Apr 28, 2010 at 10:00pm

try using a pattr object and make your overflowing data past through it

Apr 30, 2010 at 1:36am

Ok i will try what you both said to me.
But something is questioned me about the overdrive :
My patch automaticaly put overdrive off and on, it depends what action the patch is doing. The stack overflow always happen in the same time when the Arduino is connected and the overdrive (and takeover too) pass from ON to OFF. If you have something more to say to me about this, it will be appreciate (because i work on this patch since last October and this trouble begin when i plugged the Arduino on it, last January.)

Jérôme

Apr 30, 2010 at 7:52am

> The stack overflow always happen in the same time when the Arduino is connected…

What happens if you first connect the Arduino and then launch max?

> …and the overdrive (and takeover too) pass from ON to OFF

Overdrive doesn’t turn itself on automatically. Most likely it is done inside your patch with a routine that is triggered by hooking up an Arduino? If you cope/pasted this from someone else’s patch, you should take a look at this code.

The stack overflow warning reports which object caused it, and by double clicking max will bring you there. Most often it is not a single object that causes the overflow, at least it gives you an idea where it happens.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.