Forums > MaxMSP

access dsp settings

December 17, 2008 | 8:06 pm

is there an object that works in max/msp runtime that allows a user to customise their audio settings (primarily calibrate their soundcard) so for example, if I were to compile a standalone application, another user could set it up to work with the soundcard on their system.

Aid


December 17, 2008 | 8:21 pm

To which settings are you referring to? Sampling rate? Inputs/outputs?
Vector sizes? Something else?

–Brennon


December 17, 2008 | 8:27 pm

>is there an object that works in max/msp runtime that allows a user
>to customise their audio settings (primarily calibrate their
>soundcard) so for example, if I were to compile a standalone
>application, another user could set it up to work with the soundcard
>on their system.

adstatus


Kasper T. Toeplitz
noise, composition, bass, computer

http://www.sleazeArt.com

http://www.myspace.com/sleazeart


December 17, 2008 | 8:40 pm

Quote: Brennon Bortz wrote on Wed, 17 December 2008 20:21
—————————————————-
> To which settings are you referring to? Sampling rate? Inputs/outputs?
> Vector sizes? Something else?
>
> –Brennon
>
>
—————————————————-

most importantly, i/o settings


December 17, 2008 | 8:45 pm

Quote: Kasper T Toeplitz wrote on Wed, 17 December 2008 20:27
—————————————————-
> >is there an object that works in max/msp runtime that allows a user
> >to customise their audio settings (primarily calibrate their
> >soundcard) so for example, if I were to compile a standalone
> >application, another user could set it up to work with the soundcard
> >on their system.
>
> adstatus
>
>
> —
> Kasper T. Toeplitz
> noise, composition, bass, computer
> http://www.sleazeArt.com
>
> http://www.myspace.com/sleazeart
>
>
—————————————————-

thanks, this is what I was looking for ;)


December 17, 2008 | 10:28 pm

you might just attach an "open" message to an ezdac~.

jrp


December 17, 2008 | 11:48 pm

Quote: jayrope wrote on Wed, 17 December 2008 22:28
—————————————————-
> you might just attach an "open" message to an ezdac~.
>
> jrp
—————————————————-

this works in a patcher running within max 5 but not in a standalone application, the standalone will try to open the dsp menu, and you get some strange results,

in the end I used the ‘adstatus driver’ object with a umenu, there are other arguments you can use with ‘adstatus’ to control other dsp parameters so you can access what you need


December 18, 2008 | 12:08 am

>this works in a patcher running within max 5 but not in a
>standalone application, …

i have no problem running this solution here in a standalone application, made from max 4.63, running on any other mac under osx 10.4.11 to 10.5.5. no strange results either. anyways it is always possible to just double click your adc~ object for the dsp status to come up as well.

jrp


December 18, 2008 | 12:16 am

Make sure you include the DSP settings window stuff in your patch when building the collective. The best way to do it is to copy the entire patch over. You can find it in "Cycling ’74/Interfaces". That should stop any problems you have when trying to open it in Max Runtime.

lh


December 18, 2008 | 12:15 pm

On 17 Dec 2008, at 20:27, Kasper T Toeplitz wrote:

> adstatus

Or, just include the existing DSP Status patcher as a bpatcher.

– N.

Nick Rothwell / Cassiel.com Limited
http://www.cassiel.com
http://www.myspace.com/cassieldotcom
http://www.last.fm/music/cassiel
http://www.reverbnation.com/cassiel
http://www.linkedin.com/in/cassiel
http://www.loadbang.net


Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)