accessing freebox TV channels

Mar 28, 2011 at 11:43am

accessing freebox TV channels

hello maxers,

I have to build a patch to make video diffusion. This patch has to switch between films loaded by several jit.qt.movie objects and Tv stream sources like freebox tv.

Is it possible to receive freebox tv video channels like can do VLC, or not ?

thanks!

Mar 29, 2011 at 8:58am

Hi Matthieu,

Quicktime seem to be able to read rtsp, so jit.qt.movie should to.

In VLC, play once the channel you want to read, right-click on its name > “informations” and copy the bottom line of the Metadata window (the “emplacement” line in french).

In Quicktime (7), menu file > open a URL… > paste

But you’ll have to have some quicktime components installed to decode the stream,
I haven’t got them on my computer, so I can’t tell wether it really works or not.

Let me know if this helps.

Léo

Mar 29, 2011 at 9:02am

Oh, and if you’re able to read them in quicktime > menu file > save as… > choose a name > save as a reference movie

jit.qt.movie should then be able to read the file.

let me know.

Léo

Mar 30, 2011 at 4:27pm

My previous version of quicktime wasn’t able to decode Mpeg2 ts streams,so i installed the mpeg2 component provided by apple, but quicktime still can’t read rtsp streams.

I tried to broadcast some rtsp streams with VLC (which reads them very easily) with somme kind of UDP or RTP stream, and then i looked for some object to decode those streams.

I found jit.ffdec from the “TheArtCollider” project http://wiki.theartcollider.org/inout/maxmsp

but it didn’t make any results.

I tried to open rtsp stream directly with jit.ffdec… Same issue.

I can’t understand why quicktime isn’t able to open rtsp streams!!

There must be smthg i do wrong…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.