Forums > Jitter

Activate/Deactivate Opengl + ascii key priority

December 23, 2006 | 7:52 am

I remember reading somewhere that you could activate or deactivate opengl or video filters. I just cant seem to find it again. Does anyone know the way to do this. I am creating a large video+opengl sequencer and I need the ability to free cpu from components that arent being used at the moment while keeping them loaded. I guess sort of a "bypass" for video filters or a "mute" for opengl objects.

Secondly, Ive been using the AUV-I which has bypass feature. And I tried using ascii keys to bypass video and vst effects simaultaneously, Im curious how I could bring these ascii toggle events to the foreground, cause they seem to be rather low on the priority chain.

Thanks in advance! Happy Holidays!

December 23, 2006 | 7:54 am

Oops, It kept erroring when I was posting so I tried again a few times and I guess it posted them all. Is there a way to delete the copies?

December 23, 2006 | 9:11 am

For OpenGL objects, there’s @enable for turning things on and off.
For matrix operators, see the outputmode attribute on the MOP
reference html:
file:///Applications/MaxMSP%204.6/patches/JitterReference/group-mop.html

wes

December 23, 2006 | 3:33 pm

Hello,

Maybe using enable 0/1 message for opengl objects, but I’m not sure how it
influences jit.gl.slab(for slab it’s enough not to send it input, and maybe
send very small texture to unused ones, to preserve video memory).

For group-mop objects, there is outputmode message, check it out in jitter
object reference htmls.

hth,
nesa

> I remember reading somewhere that you could activate or deactivate opengl
> or video filters. I just cant seem to find it again. Does anyone know
> the

December 24, 2006 | 12:41 pm

For the muting part: I don’t know if I understand your question correctly but I’d say a jitter patch only uses cpu if you feed it input. It is enough to stop banging a jitter patch to "mute" it. For gl objects this only holds if you work with the objects’ automatic property set to 0 (to bang the objects individually rather than bang jit.gl.render to render all objects).

Cheers,
Mattijs

Quote: Axiom-Crux wrote on Sat, 23 December 2006 08:52
—————————————————-
> I remember reading somewhere that you could activate or deactivate opengl or video filters. I just cant seem to find it again. Does anyone know the way to do this. I am creating a large video+opengl sequencer and I need the ability to free cpu from components that arent being used at the moment while keeping them loaded. I guess sort of a "bypass" for video filters or a "mute" for opengl objects.
>
> Secondly, Ive been using the AUV-I which has bypass feature. And I tried using ascii keys to bypass video and vst effects simaultaneously, Im curious how I could bring these ascii toggle events to the foreground, cause they seem to be rather low on the priority chain.
>
> Thanks in advance! Happy Holidays!
—————————————————-

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)