add freeze feature to gen~.freeverb

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:19pm

add freeze feature to gen~.freeverb

Hi there,

for years I use the freeverb object and I would very much like to replace the old external (which does have a bug crashing max if there is no audio driver selected) with the gen version. I have just been listening to it on headphones and I must say it sounds really very nice, much better than the external.

One thing I have always liked about the external is the freeze feature which outputs only the buffered reverb signal when activated. Once for the sound and second for compatibility reasons it would be nice to add this feature also to gen~.freeverb.

But since I am totally new to gen~ I really have no idea how to do this. Can somebody point me into the direction to go?

Many thanks!

Bernhard

Nov 30, 2011 at 1:15am

freeze= feedback of 1.0

Dec 3, 2011 at 4:47am

You’ll have to edit the freeverb gen~ patcher to let you do it; by default it clips the feedback fb1 to 0.99. Also, for infinite reverb the damp parameter should also be set to zero; but you might want to do that a second after setting the feedback parameters to 1 to avoid harshness…

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:02pm

Did it work? In case it did, could you post it somewhere here? That would be awesome! I’ve been looking for that feature for quite some time but I didnt have gen~ and am really just starting to get into max msp. So, that would be great!
Thanks.

Dec 19, 2011 at 4:25am

Freeze does not seem to work for me. The sound still die out with feedback 1 and feedback 2 set to 1, and damp set to 0. What do I miss ?
Thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.