Add msp to jit.broadcast?

Sep 30, 2010 at 8:52pm

Add msp to jit.broadcast?

Hello maxers,

I am looking for a way to stream audio (generated live by MSP) via jit.broadcast using the rtsp-protocol. Attached is a (failed) attempt to achieve this by connecting qt.movie + msp to jit.vcr to jit.broadcast. Also tried to use jit.qt.movie to open an aiff-file and stream that directly into the jit.broadcast but this failed too. I can receive the video in both attempts but not the audio.

Would this be possible? When searching i came across a lot of posts involving extracting the audio from jit.qt.movie but never importing it. What i need is something like the opposite of spigot~ where it adds the audio of msp to the qt.movie. I thought the jit.vcr would help me out on this but i guess it only works when saving the file as a quicktime movie.

If anyone has wrestled with this before i’d be delighted to know how you’ve tackled it because i’m out of clues.

Thanks,
FRid

(winXP and vlc for testing/receiving)

(although not working it illustrates well what i’m trying to achieve)

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Oct 17, 2010 at 12:57pm

Anybody? I believe i saw somewhere rtsp as a protocol does have audio-support so i guess in theory it should work right? I’d like to have a way to broadcast audio/video anyone with vlc/quicktime can receive it independent of max/msp. I did find the ogg-external but i’d rather do without and use native-objects only.

So short and simple; Use jit.broadcast for audio/video streaming, how to add audio to the video?

A big thank you for the relieving answer,
FRid

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.