Additive Poly synth problem (tuning)

Nov 29, 2012 at 5:37pm

Additive Poly synth problem (tuning)

Hi,

My brain is pretty fried now trying to work out where I am going wrong. If anyone can help then I would really appreciate this. Basically I have been working on an emulation for a synth that implements coarse and fine controls. I have been successful in doing this with just monophonic but I am now struggling to implement this into my polyphonic synth. It is an algorithm based on the DX7 (number 32 – quite simple). I just can’t get where to implement the dials for tuning on my patch at the moment and no matter where in the line I either A) Cut the sound signal completely or B) cause ridiculous clipping with no success of tuning the note played. If this is a simple fix I apologise in advance for not realising but I have been hard at work understanding polyphony that I seem to have misjudged where to place the tuning in the chain.

Here is the patcher if you could be so kind to have a look and make any suggestion.

Many Thanks

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Nov 29, 2012 at 5:40pm

Apologies for the incorrect posting there, I did not copy the full sub patches as well

Nov 30, 2012 at 6:28pm

have you tried this?

Dec 1, 2012 at 2:49pm

added [t b f]. Obviously the right input of [polynotes] is float now. So you have to adapt the hosting patch.
cheers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.