"adsr~" in a "poly~"

Oct 22, 2011 at 9:12am

"adsr~" in a "poly~"

i’ve made a polyphonic synth, containing a poly~ with my oscillator and adsr~.
I have 5 “In” objects, one for the synth circuit and 4 for the parameters on the adsr~, but if i play more than one note at a time, the adsr~ will only work on the first note and any other note will just be sustained.
anyone got an idea what i gotta do?

#59484
Oct 22, 2011 at 1:05pm

As far as I remember, there’s a simple example of this working on Chris Muir’s web site: http://www.xfade.com/max/examples/
Check the StupidSynth.

#214086
Oct 22, 2011 at 11:07pm

It’s difficult to know what might be going wrong in your patch without seeing it.

#214087
Oct 23, 2011 at 9:29am

the StupidSynth didn't do me much help. I've uploaded a picture of my main patch and the 2 variations on my “synth_voice” subpatch.

[attachment=173882,2765]

Attachments:
  1. Screenshot20111023at11.27.46AM.png
#214088
Oct 23, 2011 at 12:15pm

I think you forgot to send a “target 0″ message to the poly~ object.

#214089
Oct 23, 2011 at 12:36pm

turns out that was the missing piece! thanks alot :)

#214090

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.