Forums > Jitter

Advice needed (jit.pwindow, jit.window and jit.camera question)

t
January 31, 2013 | 10:59 am

If you look at the attached picture you see two windows and two menus. Both windows are displaying the same rendering context but from two different perspectives – the upper view is also turned upside down.

At the moment I have only these 2 views (no side menus) and I am using 2 jit.gl.camera(s) and one jit.window. Now the problem appears as I want to add two menus that should be displaying some parameters in real time.

So my questions are:

- since i would like to use some Max objects in the menus (multislider for instance) it would be the best for me to replace jit.window with 2 jit.pwindows. But how can I then still use 2 different cameras? Also, is it possible to rotate objects like multislider (with javascript maybe?)?

- the second option is probably that I stick some plane with menu items infront of the each camera and move it along with the camera? in that case I would need to make my preferred multislider by myself in Jitter?

Thanks for any help!

Tadej

[attachment=213712,4977]

Attachments:
  1. layout.png

January 31, 2013 | 9:44 pm

if you want to render a single context to two different destinations (windows or pwindows), you should enable the @shared attribute on each of the windows, and capture the context to a texture. using jit.gl.node is probably the easiest way to capture your scene.
once you have it as a texture, with @shared enabled, you can share the texture between the two destinations.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)