Advice needed (jit.pwindow, jit.window and jit.camera question)

Jan 31, 2013 at 10:59am

Advice needed (jit.pwindow, jit.window and jit.camera question)

If you look at the attached picture you see two windows and two menus. Both windows are displaying the same rendering context but from two different perspectives – the upper view is also turned upside down.

At the moment I have only these 2 views (no side menus) and I am using 2 jit.gl.camera(s) and one jit.window. Now the problem appears as I want to add two menus that should be displaying some parameters in real time.

So my questions are:

- since i would like to use some Max objects in the menus (multislider for instance) it would be the best for me to replace jit.window with 2 jit.pwindows. But how can I then still use 2 different cameras? Also, is it possible to rotate objects like multislider (with javascript maybe?)?

- the second option is probably that I stick some plane with menu items infront of the each camera and move it along with the camera? in that case I would need to make my preferred multislider by myself in Jitter?

Thanks for any help!

Tadej

[attachment=213712,4977]

Attachments:
  1. layout.png
Jan 31, 2013 at 9:44pm

if you want to render a single context to two different destinations (windows or pwindows), you should enable the @shared attribute on each of the windows, and capture the context to a texture. using jit.gl.node is probably the easiest way to capture your scene.
once you have it as a texture, with @shared enabled, you can share the texture between the two destinations.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.