Forums > MaxMSP

ajh.wiiremote: unable to load object bundle executable

March 4, 2014 | 8:32 am

I have some bluetooth troubles vith AJH.wiiremote :

ajh.wiiremote: unable to load object bundle executable
2014-03-04 17:26:38.433 Max[655:707] Error loading /Applications/Max 6.1/extras_objects/AHarker_Distribution_v1.0/AHarker Externals/Miscellaneous/ajh.wiiremote.mxo/Contents/MacOS/ajh.wiiremote:  dlopen(/Applications/Max 6.1/extras_objects/AHarker_Distribu
tion_v1.0/AHarker Externals/Miscellaneous/ajh.wiiremote.mxo/Contents/MacOS/ajh.wiiremote, 262): Symbol not found: _IOBluetoothL2CAPChannelWriteSync
Referenced from: /Applications/Max 6.1/extras_objects/AHarker_Distribution_v1.0/AHarker Externals/Miscellaneous/ajh.wiiremote.mxo/Contents/MacOS/ajh.wiiremote
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/IOBluetooth.framework/Versions/A/IOBluetooth

Have I missed something or can’t we trust in  this object ??

THX

………………….. jerome

March 4, 2014 | 12:49 pm

ajh.remote is not compatible with Max OS 10.8+. OSCulator is the most reliable solution with the Wii.

March 4, 2014 | 4:56 pm

I’m not glad, but am glad to hear someone else has this problem, I was worried that I had deleted a framework (computer has had some harsh crashes lately that has caused a small amount of data loss). I had recently opened up a piece I wrote last year with Wii-Remotes only to find it non-functioning. The thing is, I swear I wrote the piece on a version of OS 10.8… I think the problem has stemmed from an incremental update to 10.8.

The problem with the OSCulator solution is that it is not free. A before people get up in arms about that comment, I want to point out that I don’t mind paying for the software… what I do mind is asking other people who may want to perform my composition written for Wii-Remote to purchase OSCulator. I provide my Max patch as a runtime software for free, the code is available as well, and I am already requiring the performer get access to a Wii-Remote (which can be borrowed free of charge, and were so prevalent at one point that access to them should be easy), but I don’t want to require another software to run my piece when that software is not free.

This seems to be a problem with using the Wii-Remote in Max… every time I find an object I like that works well (originally aka.wiiremote, and then ajh.wiiremote), a Mac OS update prevents its use.

tdh

March 6, 2014 | 12:23 am

Don’t know which features of the Wii remote you need, but DFRobot has recently put on the market – as a separate component – the infrared camera used in the remote. Either with a wired or a wireless connection (XBee) you could bypass the Bluetooth connection to the Mac using an Arduino or a Raspberry Pi.

http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=48&product_id=1088

March 9, 2014 | 4:27 pm

Hey,
i wrote an eMail to Alex Harker and he sent me an update for the ajh for Mavericks.
Thanx so much Alex….

Here it is…

Cheers
Peer

May 25, 2014 | 11:42 am

I got the ‘Starting search’ message but no connection. Does any of you guys have a clue on this? Best!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)