aka.iphone / experiment 2.1

Nov 6, 2007 at 2:44am

aka.iphone / experiment 2.1

Hi all,

I uploaded “aka.iphone / experiment 2.1″ at:

http://www.iamas.ac.jp/~aka/iphone/#aka_iphone_ex2.1

It supports:

- Multiple screens
- Transition effect
- Accelerometer
- XY slider
- Vertical and horizontal sliders
- Large and small buttons
- OSC port configuration
- Sending and Receiving values
- New protocol (over OSC)
- Multiple iPhone support

But:

- No multi-touch support
- No GUI configuration

Thank you.

Masayuki Akamatsu

#34476
Nov 6, 2007 at 6:45am

Hmm, it doesn’t seem to be working for me…

gets stuck at the “splash” screen (cute :) with only the copyright text showing.

it’s a 1.1.1 phone also hacked with apptapp and with many other things installed.

Had experiment 2 working fine, deleted it with transmit (sftp or perhaps scp) and uploaded experiment 2.1

Any hints? I’m really really excited to play with this. I use your Wii object extensively :)

#116424
Nov 6, 2007 at 9:32am

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

On Nov 6, 2007, at 3:44 AM, Masayuki Akamatsu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I uploaded “aka.iphone / experiment 2.1″ at:
>
> http://www.iamas.ac.jp/~aka/iphone/#aka_iphone_ex2.1
>
>
>
> It supports:
>
> – Multiple screens
> – Transition effect
> – Accelerometer
> – XY slider
> – Vertical and horizontal sliders
> – Large and small buttons
> – OSC port configuration
> – Sending and Receiving values
> – New protocol (over OSC)
> – Multiple iPhone support
>
>
>
> But:
>
> – No multi-touch support
> – No GUI configuration
>
>
>
> Thank you.
>
>
>
> Masayuki Akamatsu
>

#116425
Nov 6, 2007 at 10:19am

hi.
i put akaRemote into application folder on iPhone using iFuntastic.
Icon is missing, it looks like a black space on icons board.
I click on it, i open and it remains for a few seconds as a black
screen then fails and go back to iphone’s main screen.

Iphon is a 1.02 the same i ‘ve used succesfully with aka.remote.

thanx

On Nov 6, 2007, at 10:32 AM, Tommaso Perego wrote:

> yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
>
>
> On Nov 6, 2007, at 3:44 AM, Masayuki Akamatsu wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I uploaded “aka.iphone / experiment 2.1″ at:
>>
>> http://www.iamas.ac.jp/~aka/iphone/#aka_iphone_ex2.1
>>
>>
>>
>> It supports:
>>
>> – Multiple screens
>> – Transition effect
>> – Accelerometer
>> – XY slider
>> – Vertical and horizontal sliders
>> – Large and small buttons
>> – OSC port configuration
>> – Sending and Receiving values
>> – New protocol (over OSC)
>> – Multiple iPhone support
>>
>>
>>
>> But:
>>
>> – No multi-touch support
>> – No GUI configuration
>>
>>
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>>
>>
>> Masayuki Akamatsu
>>
>
>

#116426
Nov 6, 2007 at 10:28am

hi.
as i read you have developed akaRemote wit iPhone 1.1.1
do you think it’s better to virginize phone unpdate firmware to 1.1.1
to use it effectively?

thnx

On Nov 6, 2007, at 10:32 AM, Tommaso Perego wrote:

> yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
>
>
> On Nov 6, 2007, at 3:44 AM, Masayuki Akamatsu wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I uploaded “aka.iphone / experiment 2.1″ at:
>>
>> http://www.iamas.ac.jp/~aka/iphone/#aka_iphone_ex2.1
>>
>>
>>
>> It supports:
>>
>> – Multiple screens
>> – Transition effect
>> – Accelerometer
>> – XY slider
>> – Vertical and horizontal sliders
>> – Large and small buttons
>> – OSC port configuration
>> – Sending and Receiving values
>> – New protocol (over OSC)
>> – Multiple iPhone support
>>
>>
>>
>> But:
>>
>> – No multi-touch support
>> – No GUI configuration
>>
>>
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>>
>>
>> Masayuki Akamatsu
>>
>
>

#116427
Nov 6, 2007 at 10:46am

Hi,

I had the same problem on my 1.1.1 iPhone. I was able to resolve it by
logging in to iPhone using ssh and running the commands below.

cd /Applications/akaRemote.app
chmod 755 akaRemote

Hope this helps.

best,

Kenji Yasaka
pr-500@dotcom-studio.com

From: Sean Stevens on Tue, 6 Nov 2007 01:45:24 -0500
>
> Hmm, it doesn’t seem to be working for me…
>
> gets stuck at the “splash” screen (cute :) with only the copyright text showing.
>
> it’s a 1.1.1 phone also hacked with apptapp and with many other things installed.
>
> Had experiment 2 working fine, deleted it with transmit (sftp or perhaps scp) and uploaded experiment 2.1
>
> Any hints? I’m really really excited to play with this. I use your Wii object extensively :)
>
>
>
>

#116428
Nov 6, 2007 at 12:36pm

Hi,

On 2007/11/06, at 19:46, Kenji Yasaka wrote:

> I had the same problem on my 1.1.1 iPhone. I was able to resolve it by
> logging in to iPhone using ssh and running the commands below.
>
> cd /Applications/akaRemote.app
> chmod 755 akaRemote

It’s my mistake. I set the flag and upload it again.
I hope it works fine this time.

-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 aka admin 105752 11 6 10:34 akaRemote

Thanks > Sean and Yasaka-san

Best,
Masayuki

#116429
Nov 6, 2007 at 1:05pm

Hi Tommaso,

On 2007/11/06, at 19:19, Tommaso Perego wrote:

> as i read you have developed akaRemote wit iPhone 1.1.1
> do you think it’s better to virginize phone unpdate firmware to 1.1.1
> to use it effectively?

> i put akaRemote into application folder on iPhone using iFuntastic.
> Icon is missing, it looks like a black space on icons board.
> I click on it, i open and it remains for a few seconds as a black
> screen then fails and go back to iphone’s main screen.

I’ve never checked it with 1.0.2 because I don’t have 1.0.2.
I developed it with toolchain 0.3 and I might be using 1.1.1-specific
functions.

(But it’s curious the icon is missing on Tommaso’s iPhone.)

Can you report the below:
Install OpenSSH.app to your iPhone.
Open Terminal on your Mac (or PC).
Type: ssh -t root@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx “cd /; $SHELL”
(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is your iPhone’s IP address)
Type ‘dottie’ as a password.
Type: cd /Applications/akaRemote.app
Type: ls -l

(You have to type a return key after typing a command line.)

My result is:
————————————————————————–
-rw-r–r– 1 root admin 78448 Nov 6 22:01 Default.png
-rw-r–r– 1 root admin 607 Nov 6 22:01 Info.plist
-rw-r–r– 1 root admin 9701 Nov 6 22:01 _org_icon.png
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root admin 105752 Nov 6 22:01 akaRemote
-rw-r–r– 1 root admin 3629 Nov 6 22:01 button-40×40-gray.png
-rw-r–r– 1 root admin 3714 Nov 6 22:01 button-40×40-graydark.png
-rw-r–r– 1 root admin 3849 Nov 6 22:01 button-40×40-green.png
-rw-r–r– 1 root admin 3707 Nov 6 22:01 button-40×40-yellow.png
-rw-r–r– 1 root admin 4230 Nov 6 22:01 button-blue.png
-rw-r–r– 1 root admin 4032 Nov 6 22:01 button-gray.png
-rw-r–r– 1 root admin 4113 Nov 6 22:01 button-graydark.png
-rw-r–r– 1 root admin 4172 Nov 6 22:01 button-orange.png
-rw-r–r– 1 root admin 4193 Nov 6 22:01 button-red.png
-rw-r–r– 1 root admin 4088 Nov 6 22:01 button-yellow.png
-rw-r–r– 1 root admin 9701 Nov 6 22:01 icon.png
————————————————————————–

Thank you.

Best,
Masayuki

#116430
Nov 6, 2007 at 6:56pm

Quote: Masayuki Akamatsu wrote on Tue, 06 November 2007 04:36
—————————————————-

>
> It’s my mistake. I set the flag and upload it again.
> I hope it works fine this time.
>

—————————————————-

Everything seems to work fine for me here. iPhone 1.1.1.

There is a problem with “outputmode 1″ and the XY pictslider, but I think this is a max problem. The values I see in pattrstorage are suspicious.

Thanks,

mz

#116431
Nov 6, 2007 at 10:32pm

to make it work I had to use WinSCP and go in and change all the aka.iphone app file permissions to 0755 (or else it won’t work).

I think the app is great so far! The only bug I found was the XY pad was not working (Y movement sticks to the bottom but X movement was ok). All the other modes worked great.

It will be nice to be able to replace the icons used with my own icons/labels so that I can make custom GUIs.

thanks for making this!

As ipod touches drop in price, these little things could make great little UI objects for live shows.

One thing I noticed is that it is mono touch (e.g. I could not move two things at the same time with two fingers)

cheers,
Danjel

#116432
Nov 7, 2007 at 12:17am

So Good!

it works now all, except for the sticking Y on the xy.

Thank you so much :)

-sean

#116433
Nov 7, 2007 at 2:06am

Hi,

Sean, mzed and Danjel reported Y value problem.
But it works fine for me both on setting and getting.
I’m using Intel-Mac and Max 4.5.3.

Can you get proper values from the pattrstorage object?
If not, it is a Max matter.

Thank you.

Best,
Masayuki

#116434
Nov 7, 2007 at 3:33am

The bug seems to occur when I play with the XY thing in max/msp. Then when I go to use the iphone it is messed up. Before I touched the max patch the XY works fine on the iphone so the problem is something to do with the 2 way communication and parameter feedback imho.

cheers,
Danjel

#116435
Nov 7, 2007 at 4:25am

Hi Danjel,

On 2007/11/07, at 12:33, Danjel van Tijn wrote:

> The bug seems to occur when I play with the XY thing in max/msp.
> Then when I go to use the iphone it is messed up. Before I touched
> the max patch the XY works fine on the iphone so the problem is
> something to do with the 2 way communication and parameter feedback
> imho.

Thank you for letting me the details.
It was also my stupid mistake (select and route matter)….sorry.
I fixed it and upload it again.

Thank you.

Best,
Masayuki

#116436
Nov 7, 2007 at 10:02am

hi !
thanx for helping me.
so im trying now (just arrived after a long travel to korea…so
maybe im a bit dumb)
but i cannot connect through ssh. i tried with internal terminal on
iPhone and it gave me 15 results of
-rw-r-r– 1 root admin but the numbers are different.

-rw-r-r– 1 root admin 0 Default.png
-rw-r-r– 1 root admin 0 Info.plist
-rw-r-r– 1 root admin 0 org icon.png
-rw-r-r– 1 root admin 0 akaRemote
-rw-r-r– 1 root admin 3629 buttons
-rw-r-r– 1 root admin 3714
-rw-r-r– 1 root admin 3849
-rw-r-r– 1 root admin 3707
-rw-r-r– 1 root admin 4230
-rw-r-r– 1 root admin 4032
-rw-r-r– 1 root admin 4113
-rw-r-r– 1 root admin 4172
-rw-r-r– 1 root admin 0 button red
-rw-r-r– 1 root admin 4088
-rw-r-r– 1 root admin 0 icon

i may guess the problem is in those numbers… does the internal
iPhone terminal works fine for this check?

thnx

On Nov 6, 2007, at 2:05 PM, Masayuki Akamatsu wrote:

> Hi Tommaso,
>
> On 2007/11/06, at 19:19, Tommaso Perego wrote:
>
>> as i read you have developed akaRemote wit iPhone 1.1.1
>> do you think it’s better to virginize phone unpdate firmware to 1.1.1
>> to use it effectively?
>
>> i put akaRemote into application folder on iPhone using iFuntastic.
>> Icon is missing, it looks like a black space on icons board.
>> I click on it, i open and it remains for a few seconds as a black
>> screen then fails and go back to iphone’s main screen.
>
> I’ve never checked it with 1.0.2 because I don’t have 1.0.2.
> I developed it with toolchain 0.3 and I might be using 1.1.1-
> specific functions.
>
> (But it’s curious the icon is missing on Tommaso’s iPhone.)
>
> Can you report the below:
> Install OpenSSH.app to your iPhone.
> Open Terminal on your Mac (or PC).
> Type: ssh -t root@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx “cd /; $SHELL”
> (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is your iPhone’s IP address)
> Type ‘dottie’ as a password.
> Type: cd /Applications/akaRemote.app
> Type: ls -l
>
> (You have to type a return key after typing a command line.)
>
> My result is:
> ———————————————————————-
> —-
> -rw-r–r– 1 root admin 78448 Nov 6 22:01 Default.png
> -rw-r–r– 1 root admin 607 Nov 6 22:01 Info.plist
> -rw-r–r– 1 root admin 9701 Nov 6 22:01 _org_icon.png
> -r-xr-xr-x 1 root admin 105752 Nov 6 22:01 akaRemote
> -rw-r–r– 1 root admin 3629 Nov 6 22:01 button-40×40-gray.png
> -rw-r–r– 1 root admin 3714 Nov 6 22:01 button-40×40-graydark.png
> -rw-r–r– 1 root admin 3849 Nov 6 22:01 button-40×40-green.png
> -rw-r–r– 1 root admin 3707 Nov 6 22:01 button-40×40-yellow.png
> -rw-r–r– 1 root admin 4230 Nov 6 22:01 button-blue.png
> -rw-r–r– 1 root admin 4032 Nov 6 22:01 button-gray.png
> -rw-r–r– 1 root admin 4113 Nov 6 22:01 button-graydark.png
> -rw-r–r– 1 root admin 4172 Nov 6 22:01 button-orange.png
> -rw-r–r– 1 root admin 4193 Nov 6 22:01 button-red.png
> -rw-r–r– 1 root admin 4088 Nov 6 22:01 button-yellow.png
> -rw-r–r– 1 root admin 9701 Nov 6 22:01 icon.png
> ———————————————————————-
> —-
>
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best,
> Masayuki
>

#116437
Nov 7, 2007 at 2:20pm

Hi,

On 2007/11/06, at 22:05, Masayuki Akamatsu wrote:

> I’ve never checked it with 1.0.2 because I don’t have 1.0.2.

I checked it with my neighbor’s 1.0.2 and it works fine.
To install akaRemote.app, I used Intel-Mac, Mac OS X 10.5 and
iFuntastic 4.6.1 b001

Thank you.

Best,
Masayuki

#116438
Nov 7, 2007 at 4:24pm

i m using now the same version of iFuntastic.
but osx 10.4.10

it install good.
but i dont see it from iphone, only on ifuntastic.
is there a way to make it start elsewhere?

i try form “Finder” that i ‘ve installed with install app.

it starts, black screen for a few sec then back to iphone main screen.

i cannot figure out why

On Nov 7, 2007, at 3:20 PM, Masayuki Akamatsu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2007/11/06, at 22:05, Masayuki Akamatsu wrote:
>
>> I’ve never checked it with 1.0.2 because I don’t have 1.0.2.
>
> I checked it with my neighbor’s 1.0.2 and it works fine.
> To install akaRemote.app, I used Intel-Mac, Mac OS X 10.5 and
> iFuntastic 4.6.1 b001
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best,
> Masayuki
>

#116439

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.