aka.mouse

Apr 17, 2010 at 4:18pm

aka.mouse

Hello,

I am have made a basic DJ and sequencer patch, designed for youg people with learning and physical disabilities.

I would like to able to control the software with an arcade style usb joystick. So far I have used aka.mouse with good results.

One problem is when I try to navigate a umenu object I am able to click to get the drop down menu but unable to select from it.

Anyone else had the same problem? Or any suggestions for an alternative???

Cheers,

Tom

Apr 17, 2010 at 5:09pm

Sorry i’m not replying to offer help, but as i’m currently doing a PhD in digital musical instrument design for people with physical disabilities i would love to see your work..

Apr 17, 2010 at 5:17pm

You could try the autobot code for mxj. Here is a link:

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=23608

I found that sometimes the normal normal single click doesn’t work. If you find that to be the case, try sending a mousedown message followed by a mouseup message with a delay of a few milliseconds. I’m not sure if this is cross-platform, I’ve only used it on OSX.

Apr 20, 2010 at 11:32am

Thanks Tim, Ill give it a try

Apr 20, 2010 at 11:54am

Hi Brendon,

I’d be happy to show you my work. It is very early on in it’s development so not that much to look at yet.
I have a sessions booked in with a group of young people I work with. This should give me some useful feedback for development into a beta version of the software, and how to move forward with the hardware interface.

I’ll send you a version of the patch shortly and hopefully a few pics of the session.

we should stay in touch about this. I have been running DJ and music production courses for young people with learning a physical disabilities for a while now. This work has inspired this project and allows me to have really valuable input from the group.

What are you working on?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.