Forums > MaxMSP

aka.wiiremote Issues

January 15, 2014 | 5:26 am

I have downloaded aka.wiiremote for Mac, and it does not work in the patch. I have put in the correct folder with all my other externals and they all work perfectly, but this one won’t work at all. I’m running OSX.9.

Does anyone know of any alternatives just to receive Wii data without routing through Osculator? Or of any fixes to make aka.wiiremote work for me as an object.

Thanks

James


January 15, 2014 | 6:24 am

Hi
In the past I had trouble using older externals like this (I’m on Windows so not sure how regularly aka.wiiremote is updated); I solved this by installing the 32-bit version of Max, and now all my old Wiimote and PerColate stuff works fine.

HTH
Brendan


February 26, 2014 | 8:52 am

Hi Brendan,

Sorry for the late reply, and thank you for your prompt one.

I have decided to use Osculator, as it’s for a University project, and it will demonstrate knowledge of another program for additional marks. ]

I think the problem with both this object and Synapse for kinect is that I have recently upgraded to Mavericks, which seems to no be compatible.

Thanks

James


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)