Forums > MaxMSP

Aliasing foldover problem

March 5, 2014 | 11:04 am

Hi everybody.
Firstly, some words about my project.
I’m working on some insane idea – reversed subtractive/additive synthesizer based on noise as source.

And additive possibilities is my main problem for now.
I can’t figure it out why my poly~ object is distorting signal on high octaves (see screenshots with spectrum), even if i’m upsampling it to 8. I think that it is happening because of foldover, but i’m not sure about that. That is why i’m asking for you to help me.

Also i really can’t understand the nature of clicks that are appearing when i’m triggering the notes with low attack values.

I will be very thankful for any advice or any direction to what info should i dig, about this problems.

On screenshots, as you can see there is a huge amount of low frequencies when i’m triggering high notes. Also sometimes this gaps covering all spectrum. And sometimes notes playing to louder then it should.

Attachments:
  1. Screen-1
  2. Screen-2

March 9, 2014 | 3:38 pm

UP

March 9, 2014 | 4:30 pm

Add: Also found some info that biquad~ is not a best choice for frequency track… Tried to remake device with reson~, at higher octaves C7 – G8, problems above are disappearing, but tones are becoming more distorted.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)