Forums > Max For Live

all max patches in live broken after MAVERICKS switch

April 3, 2014 | 10:26 am

I’ve waited extra long before switching to Mavericks, today I finally did it. Big mistake.

Now all my max patches became unusable, as you can see on the attached picture (PNG).

I’ve already (re-)installed the latest Live, Java and Maxforlive. Tried Live 32bit and 64bit, same problem with both versions. I already hate Mavericks.

Any ideas what the problem might be? All the apps and all the patches are there on my Mac. But in the Max window for the patches it sais "no such object" for ALL objects. Drives me crazy, since I’m no expert. Maybe just some stupid access-/admin-/security-reset issue with Mavericks???

This is killing me…

Attachments:
  1. Bildschirmfoto-2014-04-03-um-19.20.14

April 4, 2014 | 1:27 pm

Send and email to support, back up your ENTIRE Max msp map from applications, really strange i upgraded from 10.6 to mavericks and max msp works even better than before. Do you have the very latest update, I had bugs until the last update, all gone now.


April 4, 2014 | 1:44 pm

Thank you, but I just fixed it :) Apparently it was some issue with the Java version. When I launched Ableton Live after the mavericks switch, I remember Max asking something about Java. I might have clicked the wrong button back then.

After a complete clean removal of Live and Max AND Java, I reinstalled everything (first Java, then Live/Max). Now Live asked me the same thing again: Max needs the Java 6 SE version, I only had the latest version 7 installed. I clicked "ok" to install the needed software and it’s all working now :D


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)