Alternative to pvar

Mar 21, 2008 at 6:16pm

Alternative to pvar

Hi. I’ve been using pvar to separate the UI from the logic objects. Some of my UI objects have more than one inlet that I need to use. As far as I know pvar can only be made to link to the number of outlets but not inlets. Is there any object I can use to do what I want. Thanks for your help.

#36455
Mar 21, 2008 at 6:43pm

I recall that pattrforward will let you “talk” to any inlet, even all
at once.
See the help file.

_M

On 21 mars 08, at 19:16, Theo wrote:

> Hi. I’ve been using pvar to separate the UI from the logic objects.
> Some of my UI objects have more than one inlet that I need to use.
> As far as I know pvar can only be made to link to the number of
> outlets but not inlets. Is there any object I can use to do what I
> want. Thanks for your help.

#125135
Mar 21, 2008 at 6:44pm

pvar can link to the leftmost inlet of an object.

Unfortunately, any UI object (like filtergraph) with more than one
inlet, cannot be used with pvar.

That is a current request for Max 5 (I’ll let Stefan rant on this one…)

On 21/03/2008, Theo wrote:
>
> Hi. I’ve been using pvar to separate the UI from the logic objects. Some of my UI objects have more than one inlet that I need to use. As far as I know pvar can only be made to link to the number of outlets but not inlets. Is there any object I can use to do what I want. Thanks for your help.
>
> –
> -Theo
> http://www.theopadouvas.com/
>

#125136
Mar 21, 2008 at 11:49pm

Quote: Manuel Poletti wrote on Fri, 21 March 2008 12:43
—————————————————-
> I recall that pattrforward will let you “talk” to any inlet, even all
> at once.
> See the help file.
>
> _M

Hey thanks. That works perfectly. But I still wish pvar could mimic the the number of inputs.

#125137
Mar 22, 2008 at 8:03am

> pvar can link to the leftmost inlet of an object.

#P newex 134 182 58 196617 pvar ddd 3;

_
johan

#125138
Mar 29, 2008 at 10:16am

Arne Eigenfeldt schrieb:
> That is a current request for Max 5 (I’ll let Stefan rant on this one…)

we want pattrvar, we want pattrvar… And now everybody… ;-)))))


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

#125139

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.