Forums > MaxMSP

Alternative waveform~

September 2, 2009 | 9:20 pm

Hi,
I’m having some problems with waveform~ showing the wrong buffers when using about 10 or more. I can’t work it out – there doesn’t seem to be any pattern – but every now and then the waveform~ shows the wrong buffer. Sometimes the wave display is copied onto some of the others sometimes not. All in all its extremely frustrating because I just CAN’T figure out what’s going on! I’ve searched the forums but the only time this problem has ever arrisen was 5 years ago, and it was never resolved.
Any ideas whats going on?
I would post a patch but I can’t reproduce it unfortunately.

Any tips at all would be most welcome,
Thanks,

Rob

September 2, 2009 | 10:36 pm

I’ve had similar problems setting waveform objects to specific buffers.

I can alt+click the buffer to create a copy which then shows the linked buffer.

September 4, 2009 | 9:04 am

fwiw – you’re not alone. i too have had inconsistency issues with multiple onscreen waveform~ buffers. this is in max 5 though, so i attributed it to the graphics/gui side which isn’t too responsive on busy patches !

September 4, 2009 | 9:37 am

Managed to come up with a work around – making my own waveform~! I find myself having to do this a little too often, which shouldn’t be the case really. But anyway, i’ve used jit.lcd to make a basic waveform~ (based on someone’s post a while ago). I’ll post the patch. Hopefully it’ll be useful to someone.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

September 4, 2009 | 1:22 pm

I can’t reproduce anything like that with the current version of Max. Please provide a patch, steps or any detailed information so we can investigate.

Cheers

September 4, 2009 | 1:41 pm
Quote:
I can’t reproduce anything like that with the current version of Max. Please provide a patch, steps or any detailed information so we can investigate.

I can’t reproduce it either, and that’s the very annoying thing about it. It happened from time to time to me as well but whenever I sat down to track what causes it, I never got to a recipe for disaster, and I did my best. Since there’s so many reports, and this is not the first time, there must be something going on.

_
johan

September 5, 2009 | 12:14 pm

having similar problems with waveform~. also random here I can’t reproduce.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)