[ANN] csound~ v1.0.4 released

Jun 25, 2008 at 12:04am

[ANN] csound~ v1.0.4 released

Hi everyone,

csound~ v1.0.4 is now available at:

http://www.davixology.com/csound~.html

Changes since v1.0.3:

Fully Max5 compatible.

“WARNING” messages will not be posted if message output is disabled.

If a double-quoted element in an “event” message has spaces in it, [csound~] will preserve those double-quotes when passing
the message to Csound.

If a string element in an “event” message has a forward/backward slash, it will be double-quoted before passing to Csound.

Fixed bug causing rare crashes related to Csound posting to
Max window.

Added “loadsamp” message to load samples into pre-existing or non-existent tables.

Added “rsidx” and “wsidx” messages to read and write Csound table values.

Added “readbuf” and “writebuf” messages for reading/writing
MSP buffers.

Upon receiving a “bang” or “start” message, if DSP is not active, [csound~] will automatically perform one k-cycle in order to force loading of tables that are set to load at
time 0.

Double-clicking on the [csound~] object opens the current
csd/orc/sco files in the default editor for those types of
files.

#38577
Jun 25, 2008 at 12:39am

Great, thank you!

Peiman

On 25 Jun 2008, at 01:04, Davis Pyon wrote:

>
> Hi everyone,
>
> csound~ v1.0.4 is now available at:
>
> http://www.davixology.com/csound~.html
>
> Changes since v1.0.3:
>
> Fully Max5 compatible.
>
> “WARNING” messages will not be posted if message output is disabled.
>
> If a double-quoted element in an “event” message has spaces in it,
> [csound~] will preserve those double-quotes when passing
> the message to Csound.
>
> If a string element in an “event” message has a forward/backward
> slash, it will be double-quoted before passing to Csound.
>
> Fixed bug causing rare crashes related to Csound posting to
> Max window.
>
> Added “loadsamp” message to load samples into pre-existing or non-
> existent tables.
>
> Added “rsidx” and “wsidx” messages to read and write Csound table
> values.
>
> Added “readbuf” and “writebuf” messages for reading/writing
> MSP buffers.
>
> Upon receiving a “bang” or “start” message, if DSP is not active,
> [csound~] will automatically perform one k-cycle in order to force
> loading of tables that are set to load at
> time 0.
>
> Double-clicking on the [csound~] object opens the current
> csd/orc/sco files in the default editor for those types of
> files.

#134668
Jun 25, 2008 at 1:13am

You are the man! Thanks Davis.

#134669
Jun 25, 2008 at 4:54am

I’m glad you guys are enjoying it ;)

BTW, I’ve added some example patches to the zip file, so give them a try.

I don’t follow this forum as close as I used to. Feel free to email me if you have any problems/questions.

Davis

#134670
Jun 25, 2008 at 8:28am

Thanks! This is great. The new features you’ve implemented will simplify the things very much.

#134671
Jun 25, 2008 at 11:28am

Thanks for pointing that out. These examples are very nice!

On 25 Jun 2008, at 05:54, Davis Pyon wrote:

>
> I’m glad you guys are enjoying it ;)
>
> BTW, I’ve added some example patches to the zip file, so give them
> a try.
>
> I don’t follow this forum as close as I used to. Feel free to
> email me if you have any problems/questions.
>
> Davis

#134672
Jun 26, 2008 at 7:25am

>
>
>csound~ v1.0.4 is now available at:
>
>http://www.davixology.com/csound~.html
>
>Changes since v1.0.3:
>
>Fully Max5 compatible.
>

hi

I understand it also works on max 4.6 ??

I downloaded the package, it says it also needs a full Csound
install,a nd i don’t seem to find one working on intel mac (X.5.2) –
the one included in the zip. just doesn’t seem to open

so where coul I find a csound working on macIntel??

on maccsound it says you can use PPC versions, but can you when using
csound~ (and generally max) running UB??

many thanks

kasper

Kasper T. Toeplitz
noise, composition, bass, computer

http://www.sleazeArt.com

http://www.myspace.com/sleazeart

#134673
Jun 26, 2008 at 7:48am

Which zip are you referring to? You can find intel csound here.

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/csound/Csound5.08-OSX10.4-
Intel.tar.gz?download

From:

http://csound.sourceforge.net/#Downloads

Best
Peiman

On 26 Jun 2008, at 08:25, Kasper T Toeplitz wrote:

>>
>>
>> csound~ v1.0.4 is now available at:
>>
>> http://www.davixology.com/csound~.html
>>
>> Changes since v1.0.3:
>>
>> Fully Max5 compatible.
>>
>
>
> hi
>
> I understand it also works on max 4.6 ??
>
> I downloaded the package, it says it also needs a full Csound
> install,a nd i don’t seem to find one working on intel mac (X.5.2)
> – the one included in the zip. just doesn’t seem to open
>
> so where coul I find a csound working on macIntel??
>
> on maccsound it says you can use PPC versions, but can you when
> using csound~ (and generally max) running UB??
>
> many thanks
>
> kasper
> —
> Kasper T. Toeplitz
> noise, composition, bass, computer
> http://www.sleazeArt.com
>
> http://www.myspace.com/sleazeart
>

#134674
Jun 26, 2008 at 1:19pm

Hey, thanks much for this! I am happy to see this external is still supported. I’m quite interested in implementing your external in my max work.

Now to learn Csound….

#134675
Jun 26, 2008 at 1:24pm

P.S.

Thanks also for the great examples and well commented Csd files! Will help on the journey….

#134676
Jul 15, 2008 at 12:05am

Seem to have a problem installing csound v1.0.4 on my intel powerbook. get the following errors –

• error: csound~.help: No such object
• error: csound~: unable to load object bundle executable
• error: csound~: unable to load object bundle executable
• error: csound~: unable to load object bundle executable
• error: csound~: unable to load object bundle executable
• error: csound~: unable to load object bundle executable
• error: csound~: unable to load object bundle executable
• error: csound~: unable to load object bundle executable

went through the install doc.
any clues let me know.
sorry to be a pain.
mark
http://www.thought-universe.co.uk

#134677
Jul 15, 2008 at 2:08am

Did you rename the intel external to csound~?

P

On 15 Jul 2008, at 01:05, mark pilkington wrote:

>
> Seem to have a problem installing csound v1.0.4 on my intel
> powerbook. get the following errors -
>
> • error: csound~.help: No such object
> • error: csound~: unable to load object bundle executable
> • error: csound~: unable to load object bundle executable
> • error: csound~: unable to load object bundle executable
> • error: csound~: unable to load object bundle executable
> • error: csound~: unable to load object bundle executable
> • error: csound~: unable to load object bundle executable
> • error: csound~: unable to load object bundle executable
>
> went through the install doc.
> any clues let me know.
> sorry to be a pain.
> mark
> http://www.thought-universe.co.uk
>
>

#134678
Jul 15, 2008 at 8:21am

yes, the external was renamed to csound~.mxo.
mark

#134679
Jul 15, 2008 at 8:38am

What version of Csound5 do you have installed (version #, ppc or intel)?

#134680
Jul 15, 2008 at 3:59pm

Csound5.08-OSX10.4-Intel-2.tar

Just re-installed the above make file, restart and all is well.
thanks for the check.
mark pilkington
http://www.thought-universe.co.uk

#134681

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.