Forums > Jitter

[ANN] luaMOP: Matrix OP Lua module

March 6, 2007 | 7:31 am

Hi everyone,
Here’s another Lua module for you. This speeds up the development of
making simple to moderately complex custom matrix processing objects
in Jitter. Along with the source code, there’s are 2 example patches
and scripts. The code is well commented so it should be a
straightforward affair to rolling your own. For complex objects
you’re probably better off just making a Jitter object, but if you
want to quicky prototype a video filter or mesh processor, this is
probably a good place to start.

Example 1 is a "solarizing" filter for video matrices
Example 2 is a blackhole type particle system.

See my C74 share page for the download:

http://cycling74.com/twiki/bin/view/Share/WesleySmith

wes


March 6, 2007 | 7:56 am

Damn dude. I really need to sit and spend a lot more time with your
Lua objects. This makes me wish I had some free time….

On Mar 6, 2007, at 2:31 AM, Wesley Smith wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> Here’s another Lua module for you. This speeds up the development of
> making simple to moderately complex custom matrix processing objects
> in Jitter. Along with the source code, there’s are 2 example patches
> and scripts. The code is well commented so it should be a
> straightforward affair to rolling your own. For complex objects
> you’re probably better off just making a Jitter object, but if you
> want to quicky prototype a video filter or mesh processor, this is
> probably a good place to start.
>
> Example 1 is a "solarizing" filter for video matrices
> Example 2 is a blackhole type particle system.
>
> See my C74 share page for the download:
> http://cycling74.com/twiki/bin/view/Share/WesleySmith
>
> wes

v a d e //

http://www.vade.info
abstrakt.vade.info


March 8, 2007 | 7:51 pm

Am I doing something wrong here? I get this message in my max window:

"error calling bang: attempt to call a nil value"

LL


March 8, 2007 | 8:26 pm

Hard to say. Sounds like either the sccript didn’t load or there is
no function ban() in the script. Can you provide more information?

thanks,
wes

On 3/8/07, Lut Lei wrote:
>
> Am I doing something wrong here? I get this message in my max window:
>
> "error calling bang: attempt to call a nil value"
>
> LL
>


March 8, 2007 | 8:54 pm

Ah. Sorry. the list of error messages got long, and I forgot to look at the start of it. Seems like I haven’t put things in the right places.

"lua pcall error (string require ("mop")…"):1:module ‘mop’ not found:
no field package.preload(‘mop’)
no file ./mop’"

…and so on

I’ve put all the .lua files in "MaxMSP 4.6/Cycling’74/luascripts/", and all the .so-files in "MaxMSP 4.6/Cycling’74/luamods/". I must apologise if this is described in the docs.

I got most of your other examples running, though, and it seems like some really useful externals, even though I’m not clever enough to understand what they’re doing yet. Thanks!


March 8, 2007 | 9:00 pm

Cool,
You’re almost there. The scripts can go anywhere, but the modules
have to be in a very specific spot to work. The reccommended layout
goes like this:

c74/lua/
luamods/
luascripts/

You need this on your system MaxMSP 4.6/Cycling’74/lua/luamods/ .
Sorry for any confusion in the docs.

wes


March 8, 2007 | 9:00 pm

I second this emotion. From a cursory glance these appear to be
incredibly powerful objects.

Damn it, Wesley, you’ve given me incentive to learn yet another language.

As if I have time.

b

vade wrote:
> Damn dude. I really need to sit and spend a lot more time with your Lua
> objects. This makes me wish I had some free time….
>
>
>
> On Mar 6, 2007, at 2:31 AM, Wesley Smith wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>> Here’s another Lua module for you. This speeds up the development of
>> making simple to moderately complex custom matrix processing objects
>> in Jitter. Along with the source code, there’s are 2 example patches
>> and scripts. The code is well commented so it should be a
>> straightforward affair to rolling your own. For complex objects
>> you’re probably better off just making a Jitter object, but if you
>> want to quicky prototype a video filter or mesh processor, this is
>> probably a good place to start.
>>
>> Example 1 is a "solarizing" filter for video matrices
>> Example 2 is a blackhole type particle system.
>>
>> See my C74 share page for the download:
>> http://cycling74.com/twiki/bin/view/Share/WesleySmith
>>
>> wes
>> jitter@cycling74.com
>
> *v a d e //*
>
> *www.vade.info*
> *abstrakt.vade.info*
>
>
>
>
> ————————————————————————
>


barry threw
composition : sound : programming
http://www.barrythrew.com
bthrew(at)gmail(dot)com
857-544-3967

Today, Noise is triumphant and reigns sovereign over the sensibility of men.
- Luigi Russolo, The Art of Noises


March 8, 2007 | 9:23 pm

That did it. I didn’t have an enclosing lua-folder. Thanks a lot;)

LL


March 8, 2007 | 9:47 pm

> Damn it, Wesley, you’ve given me incentive to learn yet another language.

The good news is that the more of ‘em you learn, the easier it gets.
wes


Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)