Forums > MaxMSP

[ANN] Online version of Making Max Make Music w/ Markov Chains

June 11, 2013 | 7:13 am

People have been asking for this for a while. It’ll be in July. Thanks for your continued interest.

http://www.harvestworks.org/jul-1314-making-max-make-music-with-markov-chains-online-class/

-Matt

July 10, 2013 | 5:39 pm

This weekend! last chance!

July 10, 2013 | 11:57 pm

hello matt, i would love to join the online class but i will be busy these days.
is it possible that you make recordings of the lessons, so i can see it afterwards?
maybe packed with patches.
of course i would like to pay for that… thanks

July 11, 2013 | 2:39 pm

+1

July 11, 2013 | 4:02 pm

I’ll be there with bells on.

July 11, 2013 | 4:35 pm

Might be a bit premature, but I paid for the class online, but haven’t received any emails or notification about how to ‘attend’ or anything.

July 12, 2013 | 1:05 am

Busiest week of the year for me – Graduation ceremonies at work, partner’s and son’s birthdays either side of it!
So yes, some kind of after-the-event online archive of this would be hugely appreciated,
Cheers
Roger

July 12, 2013 | 5:52 am

How will it work for people who signed up for the class. Can we only see the videos ‘on the day’ or do we have access later on?

July 12, 2013 | 1:54 pm

Rodrigo,

If anything gets taken away from you (I don’t think it will) Email me and I’ll send a copy of it to you. matt at estatesound d0t com

July 17, 2013 | 4:47 pm

matt, what about videos of online class, did you record it?

July 17, 2013 | 5:21 pm

This is to everyone (and Johannes specifically)

Good news!

Hans of Harvestworks has agreed to sign up anyone who may have missed the course on an individual basis. I’ll still be available to answer questions so you’ll get the exact same treatment everyone else did in fact I have one student this weekend.

The videos kind of *are* the class. So I don’t think it would be fair to my fellow students who took the course to publicize them. There’s one introduction video and 11 videos that correspond with 11 patches. 80 minutes in total. In addition the class comes with 9 different ready to use example abstractions that do generation and analysis.

-Matt

July 19, 2013 | 2:31 pm

Any body have some interesting markov patches they can share? ;)

July 19, 2013 | 2:38 pm

This is not from that workshop, but some cool stuff in here:

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic/problems-with-rhythm-section-of-markov-algorithmic-composition/

2nd order analysis/generation of pitch/velocity/duration/delta.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)