another spigot~ issue

Sep 12, 2007 at 6:53pm

another spigot~ issue

I’ve been searching the forum archive and could not figure out my issue.

After reviewing tutorial 27 I attempted to use the spigot~ object to extract the audio of my quicktime movie. However, I keep getting this error message:

error -2184 setting AudioChannelLayout for SOC

I’m not sure what I am doing wrong. My quicktime movie has the message @soc gliss in the object and my spigot~ object has gliss in it as well.

I’m sure its a really, really stupid fix.

#33650
Sep 14, 2007 at 9:12am

Can you be more specific about what kind of QuickTime movie you’re
using? In particular, the specs of the audio track. OS, QuickTime
version, Jitter version would also be helpful. If you can post the
movie somewhere, that might be useful.

jb

Am 12.09.2007 um 20:53 schrieb Jason Bernagozzi:

>
> I’ve been searching the forum archive and could not figure out my
> issue.
>
> After reviewing tutorial 27 I attempted to use the spigot~ object
> to extract the audio of my quicktime movie. However, I keep getting
> this error message:
>
> error -2184 setting AudioChannelLayout for SOC
>
> I’m not sure what I am doing wrong. My quicktime movie has the
> message @soc gliss in the object and my spigot~ object has gliss in
> it as well.
>
> I’m sure its a really, really stupid fix.

#112370
Sep 19, 2007 at 6:41am

I get the same error using any .avi file and some .mov files.
Quicktime Version 7.2.0 Max 4.6.3 Jitter 1.6.3, Intel Mac 10.4.10
Ideas? Suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
dlb

On 14-Sep-07, at 4:12 AM, Jeremy Bernstein wrote:

> Can you be more specific about what kind of QuickTime movie you’re
> using? In particular, the specs of the audio track. OS, QuickTime
> version, Jitter version would also be helpful. If you can post the
> movie somewhere, that might be useful.
>
> jb
>
> Am 12.09.2007 um 20:53 schrieb Jason Bernagozzi:
>
>>
>> I’ve been searching the forum archive and could not figure out my
>> issue.
>>
>> After reviewing tutorial 27 I attempted to use the spigot~ object
>> to extract the audio of my quicktime movie. However, I keep
>> getting this error message:
>>
>> error -2184 setting AudioChannelLayout for SOC
>>
>> I’m not sure what I am doing wrong. My quicktime movie has the
>> message @soc gliss in the object and my spigot~ object has gliss
>> in it as well.
>>
>> I’m sure its a really, really stupid fix.

#112371
Sep 19, 2007 at 3:59pm

Thanks for the reports. I believe that I’ve found the cause of this
problem, and hope to post a fix in the near future.

jb

Am 19.09.2007 um 08:41 schrieb dlbond:

> I get the same error using any .avi file and some .mov files.
> Quicktime Version 7.2.0 Max 4.6.3 Jitter 1.6.3, Intel Mac 10.4.10
> Ideas? Suggestions?
> Thanks in advance,
> dlb

#112372
Sep 21, 2007 at 7:51am

The experimental Jitter framework posted the other day should fix
this problem. Please let me know if it doesn’t. Thanks -

Jeremy

Am 19.09.2007 um 17:59 schrieb Jeremy Bernstein:

> Thanks for the reports. I believe that I’ve found the cause of this
> problem, and hope to post a fix in the near future.
>
> jb

#112373
Sep 21, 2007 at 1:36pm

seems to work.

btw. the readme should instruct to replace the jitterapi in the maxruntime bundle as well no?

#112374
Sep 21, 2007 at 6:17pm

Good point.

jb

Am 21.09.2007 um 15:36 schrieb Robert Ramirez:

>
> seems to work.
>
> btw. the readme should instruct to replace the jitterapi in the
> maxruntime bundle as well no?

#112375
Nov 7, 2007 at 8:36pm

I am having this same problem with the tutorial. Unfortunately, I am on a Windows machine so I can’t try the experimental framework.

Max 4.6.3
Jitter 1.6.2
Quicktime 7.3
Windows Vista Ultimate
Thinkpad T42

#112376
Nov 10, 2007 at 9:46am

Hello
I’m trying to work on jitter tutorial 27 (MSP into matrix)

I have this error message about spigot~
? error: jit.qt.movie: error -2184 setting AudioChannelLayout for SOC

Could someone give any help ?

I’m on a PB G4 OSX.4
MaxMSP 4.6 & jitter 1.6, QT 7.2

Thank you.

#112377
Nov 10, 2007 at 7:10pm

#112378
Nov 11, 2007 at 2:13pm

This issue was fixed in the experimental Jitter framework distributed
on the incremental downloads page on cycling74.com.

jb

Am 10.11.2007 um 10:46 schrieb Derrick Giscloux:

>
> Hello
> I’m trying to work on jitter tutorial 27 (MSP into matrix)
>
> I have this error message about spigot~
> ? error: jit.qt.movie: error -2184 setting AudioChannelLayout for SOC
>
>
> Could someone give any help ?
>
> I’m on a PB G4 OSX.4
> MaxMSP 4.6 & jitter 1.6, QT 7.2
>
>
>
> Thank you.

#112379
Nov 11, 2007 at 2:14pm

Windows doesn’t require the fix, as it doesn’t exhibit the problem.

jb

Am 10.11.2007 um 20:10 schrieb patrick suchet:

> By the way, is there a fix for Windows XP ?

#112380
Nov 11, 2007 at 7:45pm

I am on Windows Vista and I am experiencing this problem. Do you have any advice?

Quote: Jeremy Bernstein wrote on Sun, 11 November 2007 09:14
—————————————————-
> Windows doesn’t require the fix, as it doesn’t exhibit the problem.
>
> jb
>
> Am 10.11.2007 um 20:10 schrieb patrick suchet:
>
> > By the way, is there a fix for Windows XP ?
>
>
—————————————————-

#112381
Nov 11, 2007 at 8:11pm

I am on windowsXp and it gives me a “jit.qt.movie: error -205 setting media soc”. Any ideas?

thanks

#112382
Nov 12, 2007 at 4:56pm

#112383
Nov 13, 2007 at 12:56pm

If you’re getting this error, Jitter believes that you are running
QuickTime 6. Quite likely, QuickTime screwed something up when you
upgraded to QT7.

Do a search on your hard drive for ‘qtmlclient.dll’ and see what
turns up. Normally, you would have one copy at c:/program files/
quicktime/qtsystem/ . If something else turns up, try removing the
additional copy (put it on your desktop or something) and restarting.
You might want to de- and re-install QuickTime, in any case. If the
problem persists, let us know (please post your experience in this
thread, regardless).

Jeremy

Am 12.11.2007 um 17:56 schrieb patrick suchet:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry not to be clear enough on my last post but I’m experiencing
> the same problem on win Xp that I had with mac about spigot. The
> new jitter framework fix the problem on mac.
> But On Win XP2
> Max 4.6.3
> Jitter 1.6.3
> Quicktime 7.2
> The error message is the same as Ygreq, when using the help patche
> with movies from the folder media.
> Best regards
> P.
>
> ygreq a écrit :
>> I am on windowsXp and it gives me a “jit.qt.movie: error -205
>> setting media soc”. Any ideas?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>>
>
>

#112384
Nov 16, 2007 at 5:31pm

now it gives me another error

I didn’t have additional copies of the dll file you mentioned. Still I uninstalled QT and now it gives me this error: jit.qt.movie: error -2184 setting AudioChannelLayout for SOC

..and spigot~ doesn’t work.

I have max 4.63 (demo) and jitter 1.6.3 (demo) and QT v.7.3.0.70

thanks for all your help.

#112385
Nov 18, 2007 at 1:38pm

On my computer : Win XP SP2, last version of Max, Jitter and Quicktime
There is a unique “qtmlclient.d, ll” in the right place. I Try to
uninstall and re-install the same version of Quicktime, it changes
nothing. I try to install different version of Quicktime (7.03, 7.1.6,
7.2), and it sarts working (spigot~ works fine) with 7.0.3. Then I
re-install 7.3, and it’s always fine. For me it was really a Quicktime
install issue.

On three others computers belonging to friends who own Max, I didn’t try
to uninstall-reinstall differents versions of Quicktime. I saw that
spigot~ only works with the one with Quicktime 7.0.3. The others, with
Quicktime 7.2 and Quicktime 7.3 have the same error
? error: jit.qt.movie: error -2184 setting AudioChannelLayout for SOC

Patrick

Jeremy Bernstein a écrit :
> If you’re getting this error, Jitter believes that you are running
> QuickTime 6. Quite likely, QuickTime screwed something up when you
> upgraded to QT7.
>
> Do a search on your hard drive for ‘qtmlclient.dll’ and see what turns
> up. Normally, you would have one copy at c:/program
> files/quicktime/qtsystem/ . If something else turns up, try removing
> the additional copy (put it on your desktop or something) and
> restarting. You might want to de- and re-install QuickTime, in any
> case. If the problem persists, let us know (please post your
> experience in this thread, regardless).
>
> Jeremy
>
> Am 12.11.2007 um 17:56 schrieb patrick suchet:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sorry not to be clear enough on my last post but I’m experiencing the
>> same problem on win Xp that I had with mac about spigot. The new
>> jitter framework fix the problem on mac.
>> But On Win XP2
>> Max 4.6.3
>> Jitter 1.6.3
>> Quicktime 7.2
>> The error message is the same as Ygreq, when using the help patche
>> with movies from the folder media.
>> Best regards
>> P.
>>
>> ygreq a écrit :
>>> I am on windowsXp and it gives me a “jit.qt.movie: error -205
>>> setting media soc”. Any ideas?
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
>

#112386
Nov 19, 2007 at 11:09am

Thanks for the report. I’ll see what I can do about getting an
experimental jitlib.dll build for Windows. Stay tuned.

jb

Am 18.11.2007 um 14:38 schrieb patrick suchet:

> On my computer : Win XP SP2, last version of Max, Jitter and Quicktime
> There is a unique “qtmlclient.d, ll” in the right place. I Try to
> uninstall and re-install the same version of Quicktime, it changes
> nothing. I try to install different version of Quicktime (7.03,
> 7.1.6, 7.2), and it sarts working (spigot~ works fine) with 7.0.3.
> Then I re-install 7.3, and it’s always fine. For me it was really a
> Quicktime install issue.
>
> On three others computers belonging to friends who own Max, I
> didn’t try to uninstall-reinstall differents versions of Quicktime.
> I saw that spigot~ only works with the one with Quicktime 7.0.3.
> The others, with Quicktime 7.2 and Quicktime 7.3 have the same error
> ? error: jit.qt.movie: error -2184 setting AudioChannelLayout for SOC
>
> Patrick
>
>
>
> Jeremy Bernstein a écrit :
>> If you’re getting this error, Jitter believes that you are running
>> QuickTime 6. Quite likely, QuickTime screwed something up when you
>> upgraded to QT7.
>>
>> Do a search on your hard drive for ‘qtmlclient.dll’ and see what
>> turns up. Normally, you would have one copy at c:/program files/
>> quicktime/qtsystem/ . If something else turns up, try removing the
>> additional copy (put it on your desktop or something) and
>> restarting. You might want to de- and re-install QuickTime, in any
>> case. If the problem persists, let us know (please post your
>> experience in this thread, regardless).
>>
>> Jeremy
>>
>> Am 12.11.2007 um 17:56 schrieb patrick suchet:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Sorry not to be clear enough on my last post but I’m experiencing
>>> the same problem on win Xp that I had with mac about spigot. The
>>> new jitter framework fix the problem on mac.
>>> But On Win XP2
>>> Max 4.6.3
>>> Jitter 1.6.3
>>> Quicktime 7.2
>>> The error message is the same as Ygreq, when using the help
>>> patche with movies from the folder media.
>>> Best regards
>>> P.
>>>
>>> ygreq a écrit :
>>>> I am on windowsXp and it gives me a “jit.qt.movie: error -205
>>>> setting media soc”. Any ideas?
>>>>
>>>> thanks
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>

#112387

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.