Forums > Max For Live

APC w/ M4L Help!

November 30, 2009 | 4:22 am

Hey everyone,
I’m having a bit of trouble trying to decipher the step sequencer demo patch.
I’m a seasoned max user, but find it hard to reverse engineer this patch, since much of it is enclosed in bpatchers and i can’t do live tests with live as it wont update realtime.

Has anyone had any luck with this? It would be awesome to see a simpler patch doing something like this with the apc:

1.Bypass metronome button normal functionality
2.Read metronome button state
3.Set metronome button state
4.Set light state for metronome button

for me its always better to start simple and build from there!
Any help would be great, as far as I can tell, there is little documentation on customizing the apc40 with max…

November 30, 2009 | 12:45 pm

If you would like to understand the control piece of it then i suggest looking at my In Control: Launchpad edition tutorials on my site. They are applicable to the Launchpad and APC40. Check out parts one and two at http://www.max4live.info.

Mike

December 7, 2009 | 12:20 am

Hey Mike,
Thanks so much for the time you spent making these videos. Invaluable.
I’m defintely getting up to speed now…
There are a few things that I can’t seem to get though. Like the red rectangle around clips. Is there a way to control this through the live api?
Ideally I would like to set the functionality of the bank select buttons on the apc to behave as if the shift button is held down always. This way, the apc would move down whole groups of scenes instead of 1 at a time…
Keep up the good work. Looking forward to the APC version of your videos
-Mike

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)