Forums > Max For Live

API-functions "quantize" and "get_notes" -how to format messages??

April 15, 2013 | 12:13 pm

Hi,
i’m trying to use the functions "call quantize" and "call get_notes" on a live.object to manipulate midinotes in a clip.

My problems are the parameters:
"quantization_grid [int] and amount [double]" for quantize
and "from_time [double] , from_pitch [double] ,time_span [double] ,pitch_span [double] " for get_notes
I’m not able to find the right format for this messages, i’ve tried many variations of numbers after "calll quantize" but the max-window always says "invalid arguments. ‘quantize…’ ,
for example "call quantize 1 100" for quantization grid 1n at 100% amount doesn’t work…

Also with "get_notes" i have no luck… is it necessary to to use all arguments or can i just use the time related when the pitch doesnt matter? My purpose is to select all notes in the loop-range of a clip.

I’ve searched the Max-documentations but didn’t find out which mistake(s) i’ve done…
Can someone give me an example for this??

many thanks in advance!!!!

August 10, 2013 | 10:28 am

sorry for bumping this one again, but i still have problems with the "quantize" call..

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

someone here who can have a look?

September 10, 2013 | 5:54 am

–sorry double post–

September 10, 2013 | 5:55 am

Die you find out how to format the get_notes parameters?

the call in your patch works for me

on the right you have to use this path: path live_set tracks 0 clip_slots 0 clip view
the numbers represent witch track an clip_slot

May 6, 2014 | 6:36 pm

I was struggling with formatting the quantize command too. The quantize_grid parameter was tricky to figure out, but I found the answer in the description for the midi_recording_quantization function. In the LOM document there is a table of quantization values like this:

1: 1/4
2: 1/8
3: 1/8T
4: 1/8 + 1/8T
5: 1/16
6: 1/16T
7: 1/16 + 1/16T
8: 1/32

quantization_grid wants any whole number between 1 – 8 and amount wants a double in the range of 0.0 – 1.0.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)