Application with Cyclops Zones

Oct 28, 2007 at 7:25pm

Application with Cyclops Zones

Hi Cyclops users,

when I export my patch to application with jit.cyclops then the app works with just two zones. I know from version cyclps 1.2, it works without zone limitation more than two.

I can’t understand what the matter is.
I’m using latest vesion of Max/MSP/Jitter/Cyclops.

Chang.

Jan 9, 2008 at 7:49am

Hello Chang,
Did you manage to sort this problem out? I’m having exactly the sme thig happen if I try to run Cyclops as an application or a collective under Runtime. The documentation says that the only limitattion should be the creation of new zones.

I’m planning an installation where I want to track over more than one area in a gallery space. The gallery have offered to loan me two Imacs in addition to my Pbook.My intentions is two use three cameras running the same patch on three computers – this is partly to ensure that even if one machine goes down during the two weeks, then two-thirds are stll working. I need to make applications or collectives for the gallery computers.

This should be possible using Cyclops as the tracking is extremely simple (10 zones). Because of the runtime issue, I spent somme time with the Jitter tutorials and cv.jit yesterday but ran into problems making collectives here too (see post in Jitter forum).

To make the situation more ‘interesting’ my Pbook graphics card is dying and am buying a Macbook Pro. These now come with Leopard – a different OS to that on the IMacs! I’m assuming that applications or collectives made using Leopard will be backward compatible to 10.4. Fortunately, my installation isn’t until April so have some time to work on this!

Best wishes,
Gorwel

Quote: artopera@gmail.com wrote on Sun, 28 October 2007 13:25
—————————————————-
> Hi Cyclops users,
>
> when I export my patch to application with jit.cyclops then the app works with just two zones. I know from version cyclps 1.2, it works without zone limitation more than two.
>
> I can’t understand what the matter is.
> I’m using latest vesion of Max/MSP/Jitter/Cyclops.
>
> Chang.
—————————————————-

Jan 9, 2008 at 7:54am

PS. I should have made it clear that the initial problem was with the non-jitter version of Cyclops.I don’t really want to use jitter at the moment unless this is the only way of solving the problem.
Best
Gorwel

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.