Forums > Misc

Arxi/MobiusScienceCenter Max/MSP-devved Exhibit

September 17, 2012 | 1:23 am

forgot to post this up, and i’d rather not share the patches i made (out of legal/proprietary respect) so wasn’t the kind of thing i’d start a project for… but figured i’d at least post here, maybe helps give inspiration for folks to stay on the lookout for max/msp work, it’s possible… and fun:
I did the entire development of the apps for "Mobius Monomes" and i developed a midi-file server to handle triggering/mapping of sounds(server responded to OSC messages from the multitouch table) on the "Mobius Musical Harmony Table" both listed here:

http://www.arxi-creative.com/projects.html

(did this remotely, since it was on display at the Mobius Science Center in Washington(and I’m in California) as an exhibit for children from various schools to come in and play with musical/technological ideas, so i never actually got to see the actual exhibit, but glad to have these pics and vids to share of my small part in such an awesome exhibit organized and supervised by the very talented designer, Christian Bannister)

September 17, 2012 | 7:46 pm

Very cool sounding. The ‘breaks’ in the step sequencing is really interesting (where it stops and gets stuck or goes off and does something else). Makes it look/sound much more interesting than a straight sequencer.

Is that stuff user triggered/controllable or is it happening willy nilly?

September 20, 2012 | 11:45 pm

sorry for not seeing this, didn’t expect any replies! >:D

it’s user triggered/controllable(based on where in relation to lit leds the user presses… and works differently for the three different apps)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)