Forums > Jitter

Atomix virtual dj video output to jitter

Nic
May 26, 2007 | 3:27 pm

hi does anyone use Atomix virtual dj to VJ?

does anyone know how to get video into a jitter window from another program, i.e. Atomix virtual dj.

OR

maby somone knows how to get what is comming out of a projector connected to a computer into a jitter window??
am i making sence?

thax for your help guys!! :)[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=670&private=0[/img]

April 24, 2008 | 4:34 am

I have the same question, did you ever get any help….I want to the video i mix to my computer and dont know how….Can anyone help….I will compensate you for your knowledge….it is much needed….Peace….

April 24, 2008 | 5:46 am

perhaps this thread will illuminate:

http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=136097

in other words, not currently possible, but who knows what jitter 2 will bring…

April 24, 2008 | 7:18 am

In a really crappy way, you could capture the desktop as a way to get your output into Jitter, but that isn’t going to work well because it is essentially a screen capture of what is on the top layer.
For lowest latency, I’d recommend just outputting your video from your program, and using a hardware mixer to mix your output with Jitter. However, if your aim is to put effects on your output, then using one of the uncompressed firewire capture devices and a seperate computer isn’t a bad plan.
You’ll need to make this one work, but it is theoretically possible.
Using the freeframe wrapper in Virtual DJ, and the Freeframe object in Jitter, use Bigfug’s Patchbox streaming system to bridge the two programs. I’ll let you figure that out with some googling and a lot of fiddling. At some point I was able to get visualJockey to send using patchbox to Jitter… so in theory the same would work for VirtualDJ or any other program that supports the freeframe effects standard.

Parts you’ll need:
VirtualDJ
FFwrapper off the virtualDJ site. – man, they strike me as a scuzzy company.

Bigfugs Freeframe plugin –
http://wiki.bigfug.com/FreeFrameVideoStreaming
Not sure how these are setup now, but I believe you can do some sort of buffer sharing mode between your send and receive applications if they’re on the same machine instead of generating an actual stream which could bridge two machines over a network. This makes things run faster/use less resources.

Jitter freeframe host
jit.freeframe

I’d be curious if this works, and what the latency is like.

I’d also tend to go for a solution where you only run one major video program per computer if you’re also trying to generate decent sounding audio. Running a program playing videos with decent audio quality and then taking that and running Jitter seems like a lot of processing.

Nic
April 28, 2008 | 5:42 am

"Parts you’ll need:
VirtualDJ
FFwrapper off the virtualDJ site. – man, they strike me as a scuzzy company."

yeah they are the worst company EVER!!!!

DONT ANYONE BUY THEIR SOFTWARE!!!!!

I have been trying for months to order there time coded vinyl and i have payed in full and its been almost a year they have been wasting my time and promising to resend and NEVER RESENDING!!!

Im still looking for VJ software that i can output to jitter so if anyone knows a more worthy company for me to put money into please tell cause VirtualDJ = RIPP OFF AND WILL SCREW YOU ROUND!!!!

April 28, 2008 | 8:13 am

> Im still looking for VJ software that i can output to jitter so if anyone knows a more worthy company for me to put money into please tell cause VirtualDJ = RIPP OFF AND WILL SCREW YOU ROUND!!!!

why not try mspinky? IT’S REALLY GREAT! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

April 28, 2008 | 9:48 am

yes mrpinky is great and max oriented

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 11:13 AM, Robert Ramirez wrote:

>
>
> > Im still looking for VJ software that i can output to jitter so if
> anyone knows a more worthy company for me to put money into please tell
> cause VirtualDJ = RIPP OFF AND WILL SCREW YOU ROUND!!!!
>
> why not try mspinky? IT’S REALLY GREAT! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
>
>
>

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)