Forums > Dev

Attributes assigned to more than one category?

February 3, 2012 | 3:48 am

Am I the only one who would love to have attributes assignable to more than one category?
It would be so useful; for instance, for a complex object, I have a lot of attributes "Show xyz", which would certainly fall into a "Show" inspector tab. Yet, most of them should also fall in other tabs (depending on the xyz, of course).

Is it already possible?

Thanks,
Daniele

February 3, 2012 | 4:53 am

you probably mean something like this

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

February 3, 2012 | 4:34 pm

Uhm, no, not at all… the two specified metro objects belong to the same "metro" category (tab) in the inspector.

Actually I was talking about developing a personal object, having an attribute showing up in TWO (or more) different categories (tabs), which is not the case for any of the [metro] attributes.
By using CLASS_ATTR_CATEGORY you can only stick an attribute to one category – at least it seems to me…

But maybe I didn’t get your point.

February 3, 2012 | 4:56 pm

Hi,

This is not possible at this time. Every attr may have one, and only one, category.

best,
Tim

February 4, 2012 | 1:24 pm

Hi Tim,

thanks for your answer. Does it mean that it might be possible at some point in a (not too remote) future? :)

best,
Daniele

February 7, 2012 | 12:09 am

I don’t want to commit to any particular version of the future. But I can say that we aren’t working on it right now.

Cheers,
Tim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)