Audio from/to MSP from/to Rewire Host

May 19, 2006 at 10:27pm

Audio from/to MSP from/to Rewire Host

Ive found scattered topics about this but no clear answers. I need to know how to get audio INTO Msp when its rewired to cubase…and then have audio going from msp back into cubase on rewire tracks, but i want to be able to record those tracks.

When I set the sound driver to rewire in msp. the audio inputs are disabled, and it seems that i am unable to select rewire tracks in cubase to record.. Is there anyway to have audio going in and out of both applications? Main problem is the inability to intuitively multitrack with max when using a rewire host.

End goal is to be able to sync max to cubase, and be able to record live input into max, have it go thru, and have it go out selected channels to be recorded in cubase.

Any help is awesome, or any other suggestions on pretty much anything related to multitrack recording and sequencing thru rewire.

May 20, 2006 at 12:25am

You can’t really use Max/MSP (or any other ReWire app, for that matter) as
both client and server. That is based on the design of ReWire.

For information on routing audio to Cubase, you can check out the following
forum link:

http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=602 37

(The link is probably line-broken – cut and paste to suit…)

Recording this audio is just as cumbersome as recording virtual instruments
to Cubase. Another option might be to check out something like Soundflower
or Jack. You won’t have the driver input limitations you find with ReWire.

[ddg]
Darwin Grosse

May 20, 2006 at 7:47am

You can’t. Rewire’s slave is out only.

f.e

f.e chanfrault | aka | personal computer music
> >>>>>> http://www.personal-computer-music.com
> >>>>>> |sublime music for a desperate people|

May 20, 2006 at 9:09am

> You can’t. Rewire’s slave is out only.

So theres no way to sync up the two applications and still be able to have audio coming into both of them? I could theoretically route the audio out and back into my audio interface, but I can’t have two applications using the same sound driver, and I wont have sync between the applications. I also dont have a mac for the other options suggested.

Any ideas?

May 20, 2006 at 9:18am

no way using rewire only. But you lucky guys on Mac could use SoundFlower.

May 20, 2006 at 11:53am

In a word :Pluggo

Make your patch into a vst plugin and run it in the (free) pluggo runtime inside Cubase.

-A

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.