Forums > MaxMSP

Audio problems

September 24, 2011 | 11:48 pm

I am having problems with maxmsp passing audio. when i open up Max, and open up a simple patch with a cycle~ object and a DAC. I can turn the audio on, and get audio straight away. However, once I turn audio off, when i turn it back on again no audio will pass in or out. If i restart MaxMSP, it works again, until i turn the DAC off, and then nothing!

September 25, 2011 | 3:14 am

Thats quite an odd problem. Have you done some of the basic troubleshooting tricks: restarting you computer, making sure you have the most up to date patch, and even reinstalling it?

Also what are the specs of your computer, cpu, ram, OS…

September 25, 2011 | 3:15 am

its funny how the easiest of questions don’t get answered right away, boggles my mind. Lucky for you i know SOME of the basics.

try creating an integer object, and connect that to the cycle object, then click and drag on it while the patch is locked to change the numbers inside the integer object.

This will send frequencies to your ‘cycle’ object. I think the reason you get no output is because no frequencies are being send to your cycle waveform object.

Also, try using an ‘ezdac’ object instead of a dac as it is more common for audio output.

Also first check what driver youre using for your audio. Depending on whether or not youre using your built in output or an interface.

to do that create a ‘dac~’ object lock your patch and double click it, then choose your output.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

click on that to c what i mean, have fun dude : )

September 25, 2011 | 3:18 am

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=29220

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)