Authorization for both Windows and OS X?

Dec 21, 2011 at 2:27am

Authorization for both Windows and OS X?

Hello all! Hopefully this isn’t a stupid question, but I browsed the FAQs, etc. and couldn’t find an answer.

I am looking at purchasing Max 6, but I have yet to decide on an operating system to use exclusively for live/studio audio. If I purchase Max, will I receive an authorization code that will allow me to download both Win and OS X versions should I decide to go the Mac route, or will I be forever tied to the Windows version and be required to buy Max again if I switch?

Thank you kindly!
~J

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:12am

download the trial of them both, use for a month, see which one fits, then buy the code for that one.

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:37am

afaik the license works for both

Dec 21, 2011 at 5:03pm

I don’t currently have a Mac, so I can’t experiment with both. I’m going to be running Ableton, Max for Live, and Max 6, which is a huge software price tag to endure, not to mention possibly purchasing a MacBook Pro. I’d like to begin building patches for my electroacoustic composition, but I don’t want to commit to a setup at the moment.

Thanks dtr, can anyone else confirm this? I can’t afford to be buying the software twice…

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:11pm

AFAIK you are allowed to run them on both OS’s or many computers just not simultaneously. Email support and they would tell you pretty quickly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.