Forums > MaxMSP

Auto Clip Record To Live 7

March 27, 2009 | 3:09 pm

Hello all,

Been a while since i last entered anything in this forum. But one question has arisen in my cranium in the past few hours. At 4 in the morning.

I am into Live 7, and am also messing with my MachineDrum, which i love so much.
But there is one thing that was bothering me in some ways and have contacted Ableton about this.

Basically, i want to auto record clips in an audio track, that changes every 2/3/4/5/6/7/8 etc bars. So it actually moves to the next clip to record a loop in Live. I think more than a few people have been wanting a feature like this on Live, but to no avail that there is this feature. I know you can obviously set up loop points on Live in arrangement view then just break up all the loops and shift them into session view, fair enough. But is a bit long winded.
And plus would prefer to do something in Session view, as this makes it easier to make loops.

So is there a way to actually build a patch that could do this? I have thought of a few ways this could be done. But am quite busy at the moment to try it out.

I did talk/type to one of the helpful people at Ableton. He did say this feature would be quite possible in Live 8 using Max for Live. I think that is great, but what if you didn’t have Max for Live, or even didn’t want it.
I am not saying i won’t get because i definitely will, much like everybody else on this forum.

That was about it…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)