Auto Color Change

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:48pm

Auto Color Change

hello,

i am building a patch that changes color automatically from a deep red across the spectrum to dark blue and then black, then loop back to deep red… the auto hue rotate i have in there now is close, however it doesn’t reach every color it should. in the swatch help there is mood machine which is a little too wild…. any recommendations which would be the best technique to cycle through the color spectrum?

here’s what i have so far:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Dec 1, 2011 at 11:45pm

Hello.
in the swatch help file there is another thing that goes through the spectrum from left to right (or which ever direction you may choose via various arguments). its above the mood thing and to the right. the bit with the dial!
that goes through the spectrum and with a bit of jiggery pokery you can alter the speed and and saturation and stuff.

hope this helps

Dec 2, 2011 at 3:36pm

thanks for the reply, the dial control does pretty much the same thing that the auto hue rotate does… if i was to use the dial method, the colors change the right way. how would i also change the luminescence/brightness?

the dial sends to the hsl message box. “hsl $1 1. .5″ how do i also get the 3rd value to change?

“hsl $1 1. $2″ ? how do i access $2?

Dec 3, 2011 at 11:26am

by sending a list with 2 elements. $n means the nth element of a list

Dec 5, 2011 at 5:50pm

list makes sense.

trying to use:

“pack 0 0.5″

connected to

“hsl $1 1. $2″

$2 for brightness is working, however the hue is not changing, am i missing something simple?

here’s the updated version

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:31pm

ah! figured it out, thanks for the help.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.