Forums > MaxMSP

Auto start when I start computer..

December 31, 2007 | 6:26 am

I heard I could start automatically MaxMSP patch when I start a computer with MAX object. Could you let me know any clue which object I need? I need to install this in gallery and I want to make it turn on my MaxMSP patch easily. Thank you so much!

December 31, 2007 | 8:17 am

this link takes you through a tutorial which will explain the process of creating a startup item for mac post jaguar. If you’re running a windows system you’ll have to do some further looking either way it’s standard procedure to post your system information along with your questions.

I don’t know any startup objects within max and can’t think of how they would work unless they auto wrote a script and automatically placed itself in the proper path. It would be interesting to hear someone more knowledgeable about that than myself.

either way this should help you get a script underway.

http://www.osxfaq.com/Tutorials/LearningCenter/HowTo/Startup/index.ws

good luck

benjamin

December 31, 2007 | 8:36 am

if you’re on OSX you go preferences -> startup disk -> and put your
patch there, voila!

cheeers
-eva

Hye Yeon wrote:
> I heard I could start automatically MaxMSP when I start a computer with MAX object. Could you let me know any clue which object I need? I need to install this in gallery and I want to make it turn on my MaxMSP patch easily. Thank you so much!
>
>

December 31, 2007 | 11:14 am

December 31, 2007 | 12:35 pm

December 31, 2007 | 2:43 pm

December 31, 2007 | 2:52 pm

Quote: Patrick Delges wrote on Mon, 31 December 2007 12:14
—————————————————-
> but with some external soundcards, when a patch (or a standalone) is
> opened at startup, the driver is not yet available. So it is a good
> idea to delay the opening of the patch (on OS X, an AppleScript or
> shell script can do it).
—————————————————-

Alternately, you can open a dummy patch at startup that loadbangs a [delay 100000] object which, in turn, opens up your patches. Adjust the duration of the delay object to suit your needs.

There are lots and lots of solutions to this sort of situation. For instance, or can use iCal to schedule app&doc launches. I would also highly recommend looking at Keep-It-Up for installations. (No interest, just a satisfied customer.)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)